“Not reccomended, sorry”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We where seated quickly. The chairs, though, were uncomfortable. The service (both the wait for food and personnel) was really good, but the meals with friends not so much. My lasagne was somewhat bland, and lettece hard. My friends Pie (+ chips and peas) was better, but the pastry was hard. Overall not reccomended, sorry.

1  Thank DrJSebastianWilkes

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We usually visit the enchanting little tea room either at the start of the day for breakfast or later in the day for hot chocolate . The staff are so friendly and the food and drink is always very high quality. This place is highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I live in Lichfield and work locally in the town centre. Having an early start allows me no time to prepare myself a lunch and I therefore had to source it within the town centre. The causeway, located just by minster pool, close to where I work, offers a wide range of foods. I go there most days for lunch and have had occasional takeout's, which is free delivery. The food is always presented well and hot when needed be. You can tell the food is freshly cooked and homemade. On certain days throughout the week, special offers are put on and of course you can't go wrong on Tuesday, PIE DAY! Staff always friendly and accommodating. Nice place, nice staff, nice food. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I am a regular visitor to lichfield and have frequented the majority of eatieries in the city . I have to say the causeway cafe in my opinion is the best by far, with its impecable service ,out standing food and general friendlyness , the causeway is a must whether you want a quick snack or a main meal with a good selection of alcoholic beverages also .

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Four of us have been going to the causeway quite regular for sunday lunch for about 4 years gary linda and their staff are always polite and very pleasant the food is excellent always fresh and always tasty we have the carvery and you certainly get plenty of meat!This restaurant is value for money and I think that speaks for itself by the same faces you see everytime we visit I would recommend The Causeway to anyone who wants a good atmosphere and brilliant food!!!the Shorthouse four