“Brilliant Breakfast!”

Damn Fine Cafe
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious fresh food prepared and cooked right in front of your eyes by our award winning and fully qualified Chefs. Damn fine breakfasts, freshly made soups, lunches, sandwiches , hot paninis, hot roast pork, teas, coffees, cakes, takeaway menu, children's menu and much more. We Serve the best Champagne breakfast in Lichfield .We cater for vegetarians, and offer gluten free, wheat free and dairy free choices. Bespoke dining with advanced notice of your requirements, damn fine cafe is available for evening hire with a range of food and drinks menus to choose from. We offer alfresco dining, we are fully licensed to serve alcoholic beverages, we also offer wheelchair and pushchair access. During very busy periods a call back service is available via your mobile telephone so you can carry on shopping in the many boutique shops of the beautiful and historic city of Lichfield until a table becomes available.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have eaten here many times and canto fault the quality of the food here. I am not a vegetarian but love their vegetarian sausages. They always remind me of bubble and squeak. They always have non dairy spreads and soya milk available Excellent service and great value for money. I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. Five stars!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've been to this lovely little cafe twice now. We don't live in Lichfield but do like to visit ffrom time to time. I have recently had to change to a gluten free diet which can be very difficult when eating out. Damn fine Cafe caters for people like me who have dietary needs - the soup of the day is always gluten and lactose free and is served with gluten free bread if requested. The service is very good - very friendly and welcoming. In fact, they can't do enough for you.

I don't have any criticisms, just a suggestion. When we last visited, I wanted to try the burger and chips. I trusted that the burger would be 100% beef and could have had a gluten free cob with it. The problem was, the chips were not handmade and therefore, I couldn't trust that they would be gluten free. Most frozen chips do contain gluten unfortunately. I just think that, if home made chips were served, people like me would have more options and also, the general public would be happier, I'm sure. Everyone prefers home-made after all. Very good value too.

We will most certainly be back to this cafe though - home made chips or not.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

we have become a regular customer to this cafe as is most decent place in lichfield town, having of enjoyed the homemade soup even including the Barnard Fish Fingers which are very yummy. the service is fantastic, you are welcome in with a taster of the soup of the day. wonderful staff team.
I would recommend anyone to visit as it is worth.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

As soon as we walked through the door, we were pounced on and handed a sample of soup before we had got to our table, which is fine except we were laden with shopping bags and the cafe is so cramped it was almost impossible to get to the only available table towards the back. We ordered sandwiches. One on sliced which was very nice and one on a baguette. The baguette was filled from the top which meant there wasn't much of it. The filling tasted very nice but it was a very 'bready' meal.
The teapot leaked upon pouring which is an irritation in itself but it was a nice cup of tea.
Where we were sat (at the back) was draughty due to an open window behind us. Also we were right next to where the staff stack dirty crockery. I was sat next to a shelf that was filled with spare stock supplies and printing paper. On top of the heat plates were a stack of 'dirty white' tea towels which I thought unsightly.
Overall, it was very unorganised and messy to the eye. Too cramped. I found it to be a stressful atmosphere.
I like to be able to relax over my meal and enjoy a conversation with the person I'm with. That simply wasn't the case. Sorry Damn Fine. You are not my cup of tea.

2  Thank wwebb68
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I love this place. Great food and very friendly. Gets very busy as it seems others think the same. Their soup is fantastic, usually get a sample to try along with your main food order. Addicted.