“No vegetarian sausage”

Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Delicious fresh food prepared and cooked right in front of your eyes by our award winning and fully qualified Chefs. Damn fine breakfasts, freshly made soups, lunches, sandwiches , hot paninis, hot roast pork, teas, coffees, cakes, takeaway menu, children's menu and much more. We Serve the best Champagne breakfast in Lichfield .We cater for vegetarians, and offer gluten free, wheat free and dairy free choices. Bespoke dining with advanced notice of your requirements, damn fine cafe is available for evening hire with a range of food and drinks menus to choose from. We offer alfresco dining, we are fully licensed to serve alcoholic beverages, we also offer wheelchair and pushchair access. During very busy periods a call back service is available via your mobile telephone so you can carry on shopping in the many boutique shops of the beautiful and historic city of Lichfield until a table becomes available.
Lichfield
“No vegetarian sausage”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for breakfast and being a veggie my eyes lit up to veg sausage sandwich great I'll have one. Coffee arrived i waited for my sandwich. When my sandwich arrived i opened it to find vegetable fingers mashed potato carrots peas covered in batter slapped in between two slices of bread not actually what I was expecting . Vegetable substitute quorn maybe but no i don't call vegetable fingers costing 90p per box vegetarian sausage and at the cost of over £3 for the sandwich . didn't rate it wouldn't go again although the coffee was very nice. In

1 Thank Deb38e

Ledbury, United Kingdom
“Superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Get in early if you want a lunch in this popular (deservedly so) cafe. Samples of the days homemade soup are given to all to sample. Service is quick, efficient yet you are not rushed. Food is delicious - locally sourced produce is used and the emphasis is on flavour! Not the cheapest but - the best!

• Visited August 2014
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Excellent service. Food is hot and portion size excellent. Good atmosphere. Very welcoming. Top breakfasts!!!. Fab lunches. My friends came with me last week and really enjoyed the meal...definitely recommend this place.

Visited July 2014
Lichfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mighty Fine Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my first visit and I wasn't disappointed!

On arrival my partner and I were seated and offered a free taster of homemade soup which was lovely. I would have had some of this, only I was there for breakfast having had a late night!
In short the breakfast was great! Have eaten in many places in Lichfield in the past and I can honestly say this was up there with the best! Portion size was just right so I feel we received value for money and the coffee was good. At last a breakfast that was hot arrival too (hate lukewarm beans)!

It was obvious that we had hit the lunchtime rush as the place was bustling and had a really good atmosphere. This didn’t have a negative impact on waiting time for food; I’m just pleased that we managed to get a table!

Well done to the front of house and the folks in the kitchen, we’ll be back for another mighty fine Breakfast!

• Visited August 2014
“Overpriced and average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Attended for breakfast today with high expectations having read the reviews. The service was warm and timely even though they were very busy at the time.

The quality of the food was poor and not hugely portioned, the sausages not of a high quality and it was difficult to comment on the bacon as it was cremated. The latte whilst well presented did not taste of coffee at all.

My better half had a pork baggette whilst it was well cooked the stuffing was watery and the bread was dry. She enjoyed her hot chocolate however the mug was small and poorly presented.

It might not have been so bad if it wasnt so expensive at 15 pounds all in. I would recommend the 3 spires cafe around the corner or better yet either of the weatherspoons if before 12.

5 Thank Neil B