“The Best Chinese in Lichfield”
Review of Lee Garden

Lee Garden
Ranked #33 of 153 Restaurants in Lichfield
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The Best Chinese in Lichfield”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Well established restaurant in Lichfield, nice environment and excellent food.! We are regulars, visiting once or twice weekly, the spare ribs are a must, the best I've ever tasted! reasonably priced, no complaints and the staff are all very welcoming and polite, we must praise Ken and Danny who serve us every time we visit with a warm welcome. No hesitation in fully recommending Lee Garden, for the very best chinese in town!

• Visited March 2014

roldan. Murcia
“Been going there for years”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Good quality food, reasonably priced, nicely decorated restaurant, most of the staff friendly. Lovely clean toilets. Wine menu disappointing. Will always go back, but try not to go too early as the waiter that served us yesterday at five pm was not a happy camper, think he might have had pmt!

Visited March 2014
Barton-under-Needwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent! Would recommend.”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Well established restaurant in Lichfield, nice environment and excellent food. Really good vegetarian choice. Staff friendly and helpfull. No hesitation in fully recommending.

• Visited February 2014
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This has long been my favourite restaurant of all time which is why we chose to spend Valentines evening there. When we arrived we had to wait ages before anyone came to show us to our table which was upstairs - never a good place to be . We were given menus and then the waiter left us to attend to others, more people arrived who were given menus and ordered drinks - eventually we were asked if we would like to order drinks. as the room filled up we noticed that people who arrived after us had had their orders taken before us and their food arrived. When our order was taken we then had a good 10/15 mins wait for our starters which arrived separately with a 4-5 minute gap between them. Not an ideal start to a romantic meal.I ordered my favourite salt and chilli ribs 2 of which this time were mostly bone and gristle and had hardly any meat. Another long wait before our main dishes arrived, the fillet steak in black pepper sauce was as usual gorgeous, but the chicken hot pot (which I was told was chicken and vegetables cooked in their own juices) which I ordered without mushrooms, turned out to be just chicken and onions!! What happened to the vegetables? I was expecting carrots, baby sweetcorn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts or green peppers, anything but not just onions! Usually when we visit we enjoy the meal as the food and the service are second to none but this time it was a big let down - not enough staff waiting on upstairs and the staff who were there didn't seem very organised as several dishes came to the wrong table and staff were wandering in and out with plates of food as if they didn't know which table it was for. Two courses took two hours and we left as soon as we had finished eating. Very Disappointed. Will I return? Probably not, such a shame but it's not the place it used to be.

• Visited February 2014
“Heard so many good things about this place, however.....”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had a few friends suggest I try this place out, so when a business appointment was cancelled in Lichfield, I though I'd go. Went in at about 1.30pm on a weekday expecting some diners to be there, but no - I was the only one, which didn't bode well....The menu was normal Chinese/Cantonese fayre, so I opted for shredded duck broth followed by sizzling beef Cantonese, which is what I've had a many other Cantonese eateries around the Midlands, so I knew immediately following the first taste of both dishes, that I should have gone elsewhere. Bland and unbelievably tasteless - nothing like I've had elsewhere. Maybe it was a bad day for them, but it was for me too!

Visited October 2013