“What a Wonderful Surprise..!”

The Lounge of Lichfield
Ranked #4 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Lichfield
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With warm friendly staff, customers can relieve their daily stresses, socialise and 'just be' in our comfortable and relaxing environment. Enjoy freshly brewed coffee/tea, breakfast, brunch, and lunch seven days a week.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We came here for a birthday breakfast after walking around Lichfield the day before and asking at various venues about a birthday breakfast for my cousin to celebrate her day (I was turned away by one of them).

The staff at The Lounge were instantly welcoming - bright, bubblyand happy to think up something for the following day (a saturday with lots happening in Lichfield).

On the morning in question I made a phone call to let them know we were on our way and was asked whether we would like a champagne breakfast - I was delighted and what a surprise! On arrival our table was reserved with a large bottle of good champagne on ice waiting for us along with birthday banners. We had a beautiful view of Lichfield from our window seat and was able to enjoy all the festivities outside throughout the morning.

Halfway through breakfast we looked up to see the staff walking towards us with a huge slab of chocolate cake complete with a lighted candle singing "Happy Birthday" - the entire lounge then erupted into song and my cousin was overwhelmed with claps and best wishes from everyone there, it really was lovely and something we will never forget.

It was so relaxed that we were still there in the afternoon without any problems, enjoying our champagne! I was also pleasantly surprised by the bill which showed that management footed most of our costs, very touching.

A big thank you to everyone there on the 26th October, especially the lady who gave my cousin a special hand written verse: you helped to make our day really special, much appreciated.

2  Thank ElenaUk

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had lunch here and found it generally enjoyable. The coffee was great and the cafe had a nice spacious feel to it. Food was mixed - the jacket potato was tasty and a very generous size but the all-day breakfast was rather average. The sausage and bacon were both good, but it was difficult to taste them as the plate was swimming in what looked like an entire tin of baked beans and an enormous pile of tomatoes, which made it a little unappetising. Overall, a pleasant place for coffee but we'd probably choose to eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I am not sure why this is not higher up on the TA list. Have been here serveral times and always had good food and drink. Coffee is always done nicely and I have had breakfast and lunch here and never been disappointed. The paninis are amazing! I personally prefer here to the Damn fine cafe, whilst that is good, the layout and atmosphere here is more relaxed which I prefer. Service was ok, sometimes a tad slow but nothing really to moan about.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Always look forward to coming here on my trips back. Great location, comfy chairs, sofas and great bacon n mushroom sandwich and coffee.

1  Thank Gwyndaviesmanila
Reviewed 31 July 2013

What a great place for a family meal or even to pop in on your own. The staff were very friendly and very attentive. There was a family in with young children and one of the girls went out of her way to give then some pencils and paper to keep them amused, while there food was being cooked. Yes they were busy but nothing was to much trouble. Well done to the staff, food was excellent, defiantly will be going back again. Thank you girls

1  Thank Magicmonkie