“Lovely local Italian”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really nice food and the service was excellent. Plenty of choice on the menu and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Good central location and was full on a Saturday evening.

1  Thank SEC67
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Sorrento

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

In passing we saw that Sorrento were offering a 'special' 2 courses menu for £15 which enticed us in! However when we were seated the special menu was not presented to us so we had to ask to see it (same happened to many other diners that evening).

When asked what we wanted to drink we requested a glass of wine and a soft drink but he 'accidentally' brought a bottle of wine to the table which we had to send back. It felt that we were being upsold at every opportunity during the evening which was quite tiring and stressful at times.

As for the food we both ate from the specials menu. My husband had the soup (which was VERY salty). I had the stuffed peppers which were actually quite ok. For the menu my husband had the pork medallions but it was more like a roulade and didn't taste very good. I had the chicken but it was very dry.

We noticed that during our evening in Sorrento that the microwave was sounding many times and a lot of the food appeared to be reheated rather than fresh, which was very disappointing for an 'authentic' restaurant like this. Despite having the specials menu the value for money was actually very poor.

At the end of the evening the bill appeared but wasn't itemised and seemed expensive for what we had. However we paid and decided we would not return again as there are many better restaurants in Lichfield!

3  Thank Poljam
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Party of 8 went for dinner after theatre. Arrived to a buzzing atmosphere in a full restaurant. Table was just being laid as we arrived. Staff were efficient and extremely friendly. I had the veal escalope and thought it was excellent and everyone seemed to enjoy there meal. Would highly recommend for a great atmosphere, good food and excellent service.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had lunch here on the 29th March 14, it was a set menu two courses for £9.50, my wife had the bruschetta and I had the white bait, both absolutely gorgeous and for our main we both had the chicken with spaghetti again cooked really well, the chicken was tender and the sauce on the spaghetti was stunning, my wife is Italian and she said it was just like here grans cooking. Would like to return for an evening meal.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

There were 9 of us with a baby and three children. The food was super, the service was great and the wine was lovely. It reminded me of being on holiday. We will be going back. What a great find!