“Good budget hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel after visiting Alton Towers. We had a warm welcome on arrival and the staff couldn't have been more helpful during our stay. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable and breakfast was tasty. Good value budget hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
186377AndrewS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Daer reviewer

I hope you had a great day at Alton Towers! Another new ride is being added next year watch this space it is going to be amazing! Also have you tried their waterpark which is equally just as good. We have some awesome packages availble for both.

I look froward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Me and my sister stayed here with our partners as our cousin was getting married closeby. We wanted a reasonable priced bed for the night and we certainly got that and more. Greeted by the lovely Jeremy on reception who genuinely cares about your stay at the hotel, instead of some scripted customer care jargon we went to our room which no of course is not a 5 star bath robes, slippers and champagne arrival but is spacious, immaculately clean and offers all the basic ammenities needed for a short stay. Breakfast the following morning, again was nothing spectacular but for what you pay is perfectly adaquate with a range of choice from fresh fruit to a fry up. Jeremy never seems to stop working as he was dashing around at breakfast ensuring guests were happy and sat at a clean table. Anyway, once I returned home I realised I'd lost my pair of very precious earrings that I had taken with me. I rung the hotel who politely informed they had not been picked up and thus I lost hope. However a week or so later, Jeremy left me a message saying they had been found and they were promptly posted out to me. He really is fantastic at his job and goes way beyond customer service expectations of a hotel chain that is so large. Thankyou for a pleasant stay and incredible service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. jeremy was very pleased with the review and I admit this is typical service from them. I am so pleased that Jeremy was able to help you with your lost property. This just demonstrates the care attention he has and also the team have.

Once again thanks for the fantastic review and I look forward to welconing you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting family in Wolverhampton. It was ideally located just off the M6 but little road noise could be heard.
At £69 a night for the room & breakfast I felt this was very reasonable. Rooms were quite compact with ensuite shower, pity no rooms had a bath but not a deal breaker. Everything was clean, tea & coffee facilities in the room & we were welcome to help ourselves to more sachets etc from downstairs.
Lovely big bath towels, liquid soap dispensers & tissues in the bathroom. Not plush but good enough for a couple of nights. We knew there was a family with children next door but we never heard them through the walls. Everywhere we saw looked clean & tidy.
Breakfast was included & there was the usual cereals, fruit juice plus baked beans, scrambled eggs & sausages. Hot drinks were from a vending type machine, including cappuccino, hot choc etc. Guests were meant to clear their own tables but few did this, a very hard working young lady cleared tables and replenished items.
Wifi was available but at such a hefty rate we decided not to use it, pity this is not offered free.
There were 2 eating places on site, a Chinese restaurant, a bit pricey & a child friendly chain restaurant with a play area. We ate at the Chinese restaurant one evening, lunch with family at the chain restaurant but went out to a country house hotel for dinner.
All in all, a good stay at a clean hotel just off the motorway.
A highly recommended place to visit is RAF museum at Cosford, free, excellent & very child friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

OK for an overnight stop: comfortable, reasonably quiet, pleasant, helpful staff, OK included breakfast.

BUT: I require speedy, reliable internet, both to catch up on business and for entertainment. This one cost me £15 for 24 hours of 0.1 kbph. Rubbish. The helpline (in Switzerland) was unable to, er, help. I had to insist to get a refund and was told it would take serveral weeks to come through. What a nerve. What a rotten service. Why do hoteliers tie themselves to long contracts with these people, put up with lousy service, and, more important, allow their guests to be so badly let down in this way? Why do they have such complicated arrangements and why, so often, with foreign based services (don't get me started about Quadriga) anyway? I'd love to see the fine print of this contract, especially the bit that says "you're stuck with Swisscom even if our service is rubbish and drives your business customers away. Oh, and by the way, the national Helvetic devotion to quality and efficiency does not apply to us".

I didn't try the food in the pub across the car park because all the surfaces were gunky and sticky and I didn't fancy eating in such an adhesive environment. Needs a jolly good old fashioned scrub down.

The so-called Cantonese restaurant next door is better than nothing but serves mostly the sort of stuff beloved of tipsy Anglo-Saxon punters after pub closing time rather than anything a visitor from Hong Kong or Singapore might consider palatable

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stopped at this hotel overnight to get an early start to Alton Towers and it was perfect.
All the staff we met were friendly, helpful and interested.
The rooms were very clean and tidy, nicely decorated and fresh looking, they had everything you'd expect from a functional hotel.
The food was good, nicely presented, kept fresh and replenished regularly.
I would use this hotel again, recommend it to others and try other hotels in the group following my positive experience here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SarahJoPitt
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed a single night having booked direct over the internet at £49 for bed and breakfast. Room was clean, bed comfortable. The welcome was warm and professional. Here are two eating places just next door,so very convenient. A bit noisy as it was a very hot night and we had the windows open, but one of the selling points is that it is just off the M6 so it's no surprise that you can hear traffic with the windows open. It certainly wasn't enough to disturb our night. Breakfast is very basic but, again, adequate and good value as part of the deal. Buffet breakfast combined with easy checkout (i.e. paying on arrival) makes a sharp start in the morning a piece of cake! Definitely stay again on this sort of deal.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulLP
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Establishments such as this are easy to review.

Convenience, service and sleep quality.

And there will be some who say two out of three “ain’t bad”. Certainly the friendly service and great location can’t be faulted but…

The sleep quality…. The rooms have standard size doubles with mattresses that remind me of distant days at college – you can feel the underwiring.

A Premier Inn this is not.

Which is such a pity, because as expenses go beds are cheap and everything else is a winner here.

Must do better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
Stone House Hotel
Stone House Hotel
#2 of 5 in Stone
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13? Share your experiences!