All reviewschinese restaurantcar parksausageice machinebeansalton towersbreakfast was includedbudget hotelplates and cutleryfree wifisofa bedgood sizefriendly hotelplenty of parkingexcellent value for moneyconvenient locationovernight stop
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel instead of the local Moathouse where we went to a wedding do. Great price compared to the Moat House, for B&B. The room and the rest of the hotel were in pretty good shape. Standard of breakfast was a bit basic though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonathanhf
186377AndrewS, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Reviewer, thank you so much for your comments, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be excellent value for money. As we are a limited service hotel, and breakfast is free - we do only have limited hot items on the breakfast menu, as well as a full continental. I will pass on your comments to the IHG breakfast board.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Stafford. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Probably a good hotel when built. Staff pleasant and working hard but fabric of hotel in need of upgrade. Bathroom showers poor and convection heating dated. Parking Eye system for booking into car park is flawed. A money making scheme if ever I saw one. The selection of TV channels almost non-existent. Breakfast passable but not a delight

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank kingfisherpm

Dear Reviewer, Thank you so much for your comments, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback - this enables us to target problem areas within the hotel.
In regards to our Parking Eye system, I can assure you this makes our car park more safe and secure for paying guests such as yourself, as we found a lot of people - who were not using our facilities, parking on our car park - this didn't leave many spaces for valued customers such as yourself.
I will pass your comments regarding breakfast onto our IHG breakfast board, once again we do appreciate your feedback greatly. Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed overnight 14/15 September 2013. Very fast check-in by very efficient staff. Comfortable bed, though standard 4' 6" width may not please everyone. Our adult daughter said that the bed settee was "very comfortable", and we all found the breakfast plentiful and very good quality. No complaints at all...excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer, thank you so much for your comments I am so pleased you enjoyed all aspects your stay with us and we all look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here with an offer via Alton Towers web site, added an extra night on for a treat (so 3 ngts in total). Found reception staff unwelcoming throughout our stay until we checked out the lady (who we hadn't seen during our stay) was very friendly. We had interconnecting rooms which was great, both were very clean and tidy (only the sofa bed hadn't been made up) requested some sheets and made it up myself (not a problem). Rooms were well decorated, total lack of plug sockets considering this day and age and all the gadgets people take away.

We were on the third floor, lift was great after a long day, until it broke down after our first ngt there and was not fixed when we left.

The alton towers site states that a family can get in the wacky warehouse for £2, reception staff said this was nothing to do with the hotel had to ask there. Wacky warehouse said they had asked for this to be removed from the web site as Holiday Inns had 'made this up'and they still hadn't removed it.

Pub across the way offered good food and cheap too, lost of offers and very friendly and helpful with kids. Wacky Warehouse was friendly & clean, better for younger kids though.

Breakfast was a nightmare to be frank, tables filthy and not enough of them, food was replenished quickly and so was cutlery etc.. Staff should have paid more attention to getting the tables cleared and cleaned and made this a priority. Appreciate they are in a busy location and summer holidays and all, but needed extra staff to cope with this as it seems a recurring problem.

Very easy to find and quiet considering we were right by the M6, but was a bit too far from Alton Towers really, at least an hour to get there each morning (yes it was summer holidays I know, but would still take 40 mins in normal traffic).

Seriously need to work on the reception team and how to make people feel welcome, they need some lessons!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Stafford Jct 13 M6 South. We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to leave these comments and we thank you for bringing certain issues to our attention.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation, and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests such as yourself, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to hotel accommodation and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn express Stafford for your future travel needs.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Stafford for one night for a friends' wedding reception. To be honest, I was happy to go home the following morning! The room was clean and comfy but the bathroom wasn't very clean - the toilet was dirty and there was mould in the shower. The shower itself was nice and powerful though. The lifts weren't working when we arrived so we had to carry our luggage up the stairs. We woke up the following morning and there was condensation running off the windows. Considering we were right next to the M6, it was rather quiet. The breakfast was rather disappointing - it was every man for himself! The staff tried to replenish everything quick enough but failed. My partner and I ended up eating our cereal with a teaspoon! When we came to check out, one lady also complained about the standards of accommodation but the receptionist didn't seem bothered and didn't take any notes from the lady. I didn't see the point in wasting my breath if she wasn't going to note down any of our comments. Overall it was OK but certainly not worth any more than we paid. Good for a one night's stay.

Room Tip: All rooms get a bit of noise from the M6 but I wouldn't say either side is better than the other.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex-and-SarahT
186377AndrewS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear reviewer, thank you so much for your comments, I am sorry to hear to encountered some issues during your stay with us. You are quite right, unfortunately our lift did break down and we had to wait until Monday morning before any parts could be delivered to fix this. We cannot foresee these problems and can only apologise. As for the cleanliness of the room I would like to apologise and assure you I have spoken to our Head Housekeeper to resolve this issue. Breakfast has been extremely busy for us during the summer holidays and I am sorry you experienced a busy time, our staff always try and keep up our high standards, however on this occasion we were short-staffed and I can only apologise - this was an oversight on our behalf. I do hope this stay doesn't put you off visiting us again. I am sorry you did not mention these issues to our staff members, we could have tried to resolve these issues when you were in house. Should you wish to discuss this further please contact us on 01785 212244. Kind Regards