Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
US$59
US$101
The Swan Hotel(Stafford)
US$101
The Moat House(Acton Trussell)
US$154
US$145
Agoda.com
US$86
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel(Stafford)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Weston Hall(Stafford)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssky tvreunion weekendself servicebuffet breakfastcheesecakethe ground floorchristmas dinnerwould stay againreception stafflovely hotelboxing daybusiness tripevening mealfunction roomplenty of parkingshort breakstayed one night
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Everything about this hotel was excellent apart from one thing and that was the service at dinner time. It was terrible and unfortunately because of this I would not stay at this hotel again. What a shame when everything else was fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
meg l, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry that service was not up to standard. We will speak to and retrain our staff accordingly to make sure that never happens again, but we are really glad that you enjoyed everything else about your stay. Please do return in the future to see the improvements made.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful venue and location but the hotel is very tired and rather dated.

I had a ground floor room pretty close to reception, but was weary of leaving the window open as was unsure of the area and properties.

I was also unsure of the security of the car park, everyone seemed to park as close to the main entrance as possible and there was a lot of locals passing by. However didn't experience any issues.

Breakfast was ok, could be improved, not a great deal of choice. Breakfast on the second day included listening to an awful droning woman by the name of Rachel, who sat across the restaurant but was so loud - I assume she was speaking with hotel management about publicity etc, she thought she was the hotel inspector!!! Sorry love but you are no Alex!!! I could it really rude and she has no consideration for the current customers.

I did eat in the bar one evening and the food was incredible!! Yummy. I had also eyed up a dessert but didn't have room :( maybe next time!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMASanders, General Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Littlegemma24

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you like the venue. We are working very hard to improve the look of the property and have refurbished all the rooms at the hotel. The next move is to refurbish all the public areas and then the painting of the outside of the building will commence.
We do not have any issues in regards to security at the hotel which I am very happy that you realised towards the end of your stay. The hotel is very close to the community and local people do use the hotel during evening times.
I am very glad that the food that you had in the bar was Yummy! Exactly what it is made for. Our Head Chef passes on his thanks for your kind words. He has also thank you for the comments regarding breakfast as he will be addressing it with his team.
I have spoken with Rachel who works for our head office team. She wishes to convey her apologies that you may have overheard a conversation regarding business. I would also like to apologise on behalf of the team in relation to this.
I do hope that you do come and stay with us again.
Best wishes
Andrew

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Booked a very late check-in - and everything worked well and I was in my room within 10 minutes of parking my car. The room was a pleasant surprise - newly decorated and high quality - especially for what I paid. Unfortunately the bed wasn't terribly comfortable - and it was a pity that the work on replacing lightbulbs in the restaurant couldn't have waited until after breakfast service was finished - but these didn't detract too much from a comfortable stay. Staff were friendly and efficient throughout my very brief stay. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank UKtraveller65

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. The hotel is still undergoing a 1 million pound refurbishment programme, but it’s great to read that you like the ones that have newly been decorated, this shows we are heading on the right track, eventually the mattresses will be changed in all rooms, I am sorry that you had an uncomfortable night’s sleep. We are glad you have a nice time and hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

So much improved over the last year. Everything is spotlessly clean, rooms are spacious and accessible. Many of the rooms have walk-in showers. Staff eager to help, minor problems were sorted in minutes.(New light bulb - extra pillows etc)
Food excellent - especially as there were nearly 100 of us for two evening meals.
Would be happy to repeat this experience

Room Tip: Many rooms on the ground floor have walk in showers - ideal for the less mobile
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jaxlyn

Thank you very much for your such kind comments. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your feedback on to the rest of the staff. Please do come and visit us again.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Tillington Hall has recently been refurbished, so the rooms are of pretty good quality. The hotel was very clean and well turned-down. Beds are very comforable and give a good night's sleep. Excellent desk in the rooms too (nice and big).

Two possible areas for improvement that I would expect for a 3* (it's a competitive market) that would be nice to have:

- Single-use toiletries in the bathrooms (not Molton Brown, but there are some nice brands out there that would be nicer than a bottle of generic shampoo/shower gel that's refilled every now and then)
- Refreshed in-room items like kettle/tea tray and guest literature (I blieve they are in the middle of updating the branding etc anyway).

Customer service is a touch on the impersonal side, which is a slight let-down. But it's efficient and effective which I guess is what matters.

Food leave quite a bit to be desired - breakfast is of the dodgy buffet variety with only ok produce on offer, and the fruit selection is lacking. Had room service once and it was a dreadful, flavourless beef chilli - I haven't dared venture back as yet...

Overall, it's a very good value hotel that I think just needs tidying up around the edges to make it a real contender for business in Stafford.

Room Tip: Preferred doubles have additional furniture, but some are the size of normal doubles, and so feel a little cramped!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Matt

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great that you liked room and had a comfortable night’s sleep. As for the toiletries used in the hotel Dove and Lux was a choice that many of the public chose when we conducted a survey. Dove and Lux are also environmentally friendly. We are sorry you that you didn’t like the food, I will pass your comments on to the relevant department. We are undergoing a 1 million pound refurbishment programme, so a lot is being changed. Hope you visit us again one day.