“Good overnight stay”

Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you're heading North or South on M5/M6, Tillington Hall Hotel provides a comfortable stopover in quiet surroundings. Hotel is clean and has been decorated (corridors are fairly narrow but the rooms are fair size. Restaurant provided great breakfast - perfect start to a long day en route to Devon

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank disauniflora
meg l, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, your feedback means a lot. Please return in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

First thing; Received a voicemail 1hr 40 minutes before check-in to say that because of maintenance issues we had been relocated to another hotel.
I only picked this up upon arrival so went to the desk to sort out.
Advised hotel was 10 minutes further into Stafford. I advised our business was in the opposite direction and that it was inconvenient. They then allocated us a room (124).
The next thing was payment. I was asked if I wished to pay now. I prefer to pay on vacation. She asked if in that case she could swipe my card to open a tab. On receiving my card she asked if I might not as well just pay for the room now. I was in no mood to argue so said just do it. BAD FORM.
Upon arrival we found the room to be well presented and spacious, with a nice sized and good quality TV. The bathroom was also good. Unfortunately the only means of ventilation was a patio door which stepped straight out into the smoking area for the adjoining function suite. Luckily there was no function during our stay but we it was in the back of our minds that people could appear at any time.
The bed and sleep quality were fine.
Breakfast was very busy. My partner had to request bacon and eggs when they had run out. Disappointing.
To be fair it was off and on what we expected for the money but just a bit disappointing overall.
Having said that the bar and breakfasting areas were quite pleasant and the staff friendly overall.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Superkev70
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My friend and I chose this hotel because it was close to stafford where we were going to a friends birthday party. On arrival we were greeted by a helpful and friendly member of staff. We needed a taxi to get to the party venue and this was booked for us by the staff. Our room was clean and comfortable. It had everything we needed to make our stay a nice one. Our room had a nice walk in shower. The towels & bed linen were clean. We ate breakfast at the hotel. There was plenty of choice available. It included cereals, toast, fruits, yoghurts, croissants, and a full English. Plenty if teas, coffee and juices were available. We were not rushed at all. The hotel was quiet throughout our stay. We were in room 107 on the ground floor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CoventryPrincess

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. did you know we have recently undergone a £1million refurbishment programme? Its lovely to know you liked your stay and we do hope you return in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was nice, however the bed was uncomfortable. Staff at the reception were excellent and very friendly Had breakfast in the morning, we had a delicious breakfast,however, a little expensive. We would stay again if the beds were more comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bickybtrains

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind feedback. We do apologise that you found the beds uncomfortable. As we are undergoing a refurbishment they will be changed. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, please do return.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here on chance mid week for one night as a stop over. Friendly reception and we had a room on the ground floor with a view onto a housing estate. There was some noise outside so we closed the window and it was ok. The room was spacious and very clean as was the bathroom and there were facilities for making drinks. The lights for the room and bathroom all switched on together which was a nuisance and the lighting was not too good in the room. Free Wifi in the room was good. Bar was ok but poor choice of draught ales. The meal in the restaurant was nice and a decent plateful. The wines were reasonably priced too. There was a nice area around the bar to sit and watch tv with other guests. The worst part was the sleep quality as the room was incredibly noisy. Doors were slamming in the early hours, the room telephone kept ringing accidentally (a fault) and woke us up at 2.30am. The cleaners were making a noise early outside our room and knocked the door at 9am so a bad sleep and we had missed breakfast. The staff were sympathetic when we mentioned it at check out and there was a suitable adjustment made to our bill which we were grateful for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoondanceMel

Dear Mel
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you liked your room we have recently just undergone a £1 million refurbishment. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us, we have just updated the menu so hopefully you will return to see our new choices. I do apologise about the noise and your phone ringing we do take into consideration all your comments and I will look into what caused this during your stay. we do hope you return in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently held a celebration lunch in the Queen's Room of the Royal Suite.
I just wanted to say a big ‘Thank you’ for all your help in organising our celebration lunch for Sunday 20th July and for making it such a special occasion.
Thirty four of our family and friends had a lovely time and all of our guests said how much they had enjoyed it. I did say thank you to the receptionist before I left and asked him to pass on our thanks to all of the staff involved. The food was delicious, so many thanks to Chef; and everyone commented about the choice and the standard of the food. Special thanks to Wayne, for the attention to detail and the way that he looked after us, and to the team who served us in a friendly and efficient manner. It is a perfect venue for a celebration or event, with easy access to the M6 and plenty of free parking.
All in all, an excellent lunch and a good time was had by all. Please pass on our thanks to all concerned.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank susieone54

Dear Sue
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and we are all really happy that you enjoyed your celebration with us. I will pass on your comments to the chef. Please ensure that you return in the future to celebrate other occasions with us again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here a number of times earlier this year, great location, beautiful surroundings.

Had a number of meals in the the bar on an evening, freshly made, great quality and variety.

The buffet breakfast however is something else, not very appealing, everything looks like it's been left for some time and dried up, with the classic rubbery bacon yuk. Coffee not great either, some nasty machine.

Upon my second visit, by lunch I was ill, managed to make it home from my travels and spent the rest of the day suffering either food poisoning or tummy bug - not the best when pregnant.

On my next visit I skipped breakfast at the hotel, just opting for coffee in the room and making alternate arrangements for food.

On my first visit I endured listening to some Loud PR woman discussing with management at breakfast how to get additional custom. How about looking after the customers you have and letting us eat in peace, best about it they were sat at the opposite end of the restaurant and I could still hear every word.

Also the TVs are a nightmare, every time you turn them on you have to scan for channels for ten minutes :/

I did note that during my stays Best Western had taken over, so hopefully there will be improvements all round

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dale76uk
GMASanders, General Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Dale76uk
Thank you for your review. I noticed that you stayed in April and have just reviewed the hotel. Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast. We are reviewing your quality of breakfast comments and making changes to our breakfast offering
I am very concerned that you indicated that our food gave you food poisoning after all it would have been prepared in the same 5 star rated food hygiene kitchen as to what you have had some great freshly made bar snacks during your stays with us. From your comment about our bacon it was dried up so therefore it would suggest that it has been overcooked thus destroying any bacteria that may be harmful during that process. I also am a little surprised that you would not inform us regarding this a lot quicker than three months and not by a review site. Did you visit a medical professional who diagnosed that you had a food poisoning bacteria in your system? Can I ask did you have any other food in the 24 hours prior to your symptoms sowing up? At home maybe? Or in a service station on the way to the hotel. Have you considered that you may have just had a tummy upset? I am also assuming that you are posting this review on behalf of someone else as you mention you were pregnant at the time.
You also mention that you were disturbed by a PR lady talking in a public place. I am keen to know how you would know that they worked at the hotel I would be very interested in hearing more details. Again I see that you did not comment during your stay about this also.
I am more than happy to discuss either your comments. I can then take action as to not repeat any mistakes that we may have made during your stay. Also for note I have just installed SKY TV in all bedrooms at the hotel thus elevating all issues in regards to the TV. This now offers sky sports and sky entertainment at no extra charge.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Weston Hall
Weston Hall
#2 of 11 in Stafford
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel

Been to Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!