All reviews sky tv reunion weekend self service buffet breakfast the ground floor cheesecake boxing day evening meal would stay again lovely hotel business trip function room reception staff single room poached eggs beef only criticism
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Staff excellent throughout the Hotel, including pre-arrival, reception and service.
Had booked for "a group of unknown quantity" to meet for an evening meal, numbers only finalised the weekend prior to the event; everything went very smoothly.
Evening meal, three course at great value, choice of three dishes per course, pre-selected by guests. Good hot food, hot plates, well served.
Nice big car-park.
Wheel-chair friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Emily L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hello

Many thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate all of your lovely comments. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal and stay with us.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I recently had to go on a training course in Stone in Staffordshire and and we were put up in the Best Westen Hotel Tillington Hall for the one night, although the Hotel seemed clean it was quite tired and in desperate need of updating and modernisation in general all around the Hotel, the rooms were basic as well and again tired and in need of updating however I was impressed that that had sky television in the rooms, but in my room for example the room was extremely warm, to warm for the time of year and the extreme weather we have been having making it totally uncomfortable and this was compounded by the fact that the window in my room which was an up and over style was broken so there was no way of keeping it open to let some fresh air in to the room thus making it near impossible to sleep resulting in me getting less than an hours sleep all night, leaving me tired for the training course the following day!! Defeating the object of me traveling up the night before to be fresh for the course!! The food was quite nice at the hotel although rather small portions, if I had to come up this way again unfortunately I think I would look at alternative options for accommodation unless there had been a make over of the hotel ! Sorry just being honest

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MikeyGreen68
Emily L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that there were aspects of your stay which did not meet with your expectations. There is an ongoing refurbishment plan in place to continually improve the product that we offer. As we aren’t a purpose built hotel, unfortunately air-conditioning isn’t an amenity we offer, however there are fans to assist with a comfortable night’s sleep. We do hope that you will allow us to rectify these short comings on a future stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Stayed 2 nights in a family room 2 adults 2 children the room was very small and cramped for 4. Camp beds were fine but the double bed was small and was very uncomfortable possibly the worst nights sleeper have ever had mattress was hard and you could feel the springs through it. Food was good and hotel was clean and staff very nice though

Hello

I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations on your recent visit. I hope that this will not deter you from returning to us on a future occasion.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Comfortable room for a two night stay.
Staff pleasant and helpful, good breakfast.
Only two complaints, we were not offered our complimentary drink on arrival.
The restaurant only had one white wine cooler.
The food was good.

Room tip: They offer upgrades
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bernadette O

Hello Bernadette

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive your complimentary drink, I will speak with the team to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Clean rooms , very welcoming staff.
Very nice bar and a good choice for breakfast.
Perfect for an overnight stay for work..
Could improve on standard /choice of bar food. Comfy bed and sky tv in room is a bonus

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Emily L, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Hello

Thank you for leaving such lovely comments, it is great to see your experience was enjoyable. We would love to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.