All reviews sky tv reunion weekend self service buffet breakfast the ground floor cheesecake boxing day evening meal would stay again lovely hotel business trip function room reception staff single room poached eggs beef only criticism
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you like Fawlty Towers, you’ll love this place! Lumpy uncomfortable bed, a shower with no hot water, a sink where the plug doesn’t seal the water in, breakfast with no fried eggs only rubber scrambled eggs, a faulty orange juice dispenser which only pours diluted orange juice. A run down establishment and a Manager who was on duty totally unsympathetic towards my comments. Avoid at all cost.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 826WilliamD
TillingtonGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I’m sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable! We were not aware of any maintenance issues regarding hot water during your stay, I’m sorry to see that the shower was not hot enough for you.
Fried eggs are available at breakfast, these are on request to ensure freshness as we have found the texture and quality is reduced if left out on a buffet station, these along with poached eggs and other options are stated in the breakfast menu on the tables during breakfast service.
Having spoken with the manager on duty she has explained we would have been more than happy to provide you with a different bedroom in the hotel to see if an alternative bed would have been more suitable to you but wasn’t made aware of your comments until check out, unfortunately we have fewer options to rectify the issues at the end of your stay.

I'm sorry that you wouldn’t return, if you do experience problems during your stay in future please advise at the time for us to be able to do everything we possibly can to ensure you have a great stay.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed 2 nights with our labrador and the staff couldn't have been more helpful, the room was plenty big enough for us and the dog. Only downside was the room was pretty hot but there isn't much road noise so fine to leave the window open at night. Great value for money, will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi,

We love dogs here at the hotel! We are so glad you were able to travel with your pet and that you all stayed with us.

Thank you for leaving your comments about your stay for others to read and to let them know they can also bring their dogs to the hotel in case they didn’t know! We want you to feel at home here and there is nothing more homely than to have your dog here with you. I’m glad you found the room to be big enough for you all.
We hope you do return to stay with us again.

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 15 February 2019

We've stayed here twice now for a reunion weekend and the place itself was 'okay' but badly needs a refurbishment. It is pretty shabby in places and the dining room definitely needs brightening up.

It is only a shortish walk into Stafford itself, although there is a little convenience store at the back of the hotel - across the park.

We paid a bit extra for a better room, it was fine but the bathroom was very tired. Some money needs investing in the place.

Date of stay: October 2018
TillingtonGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,

Firstly thank you for your review, and for returning to stay with us for the last couple of years.
Thank you for pointing out to potential guests some of the local amenities such as the shop which is just a short walk away and also the town centre- I think this would be really helpful for future guests to know!
We do have refurbishments planned for 2019, hopefully you will see some changes made if you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 14 February 2019

Less than a mile from Junction 14 of the M6 and about a mile from Stafford city centre this hotel is ideally placed, ample parking off road and free for a change.
The hotel rooms are quite big I stayed in 112 on the ground floor, nice area around reception to sit and relax, nice bar and restaurant although I only had a bar snack it was very nice as was the buffet breakfast. Generally the corridors to rooms need a lick of paint but for the money this hotel offers value for money in my opinion.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello,

Thanks so much for your comments!
One of the great points about the hotel is that it really is ideally located, I’m glad your found this easily accessible and were able to take advantage of the free car parking.
I’m so glad you found the room to be spacious, and liked the reception area too- we hope you felt at home here during your stay.
We hope you will return to stay with us and next time try our restaurant as well! I can recommend the fish and chips- it’s great!

Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night room 106. Decent room with Sky and most facilities, bed comfy.

Restaurant meal was good but a little pricey I thought for starters circa £7 - £10.

Nice bar area which is pleasant and relaxing with Sky Tv football and also a relax/meet in lounge area in reception which was comfy and quiet, on nice sofa’s.

My only complaint is the room insulation. It really is poor. I heard the guy on one side coughing, his tv and on the other the guy snored most of the night. This was quite annoying and I was going ring his room 107 to wake him but the room phone was broken.

The hotel won’t improve this noise issue but it’s a reason I wouldn’t stay again, unless they moved me away up on a floor and away from other rooms. It does frustrate me why hotels inside on piling everyone together in rooms next to each other because it’s convenient for them. The Manager will read this and my message is, your room walls are far too thin. Space people when the hotel isn’t full.

Apart from that it’s not a bad hotel and has good standards.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
TillingtonGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2019

Hi,

I’m really glad you liked the room, took advantage of the SKY TV facilities to relax and found the bed to be comfy- like home from home!
Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant meal, we are happy that you found the bar area and reception to be comfortable for socialising.

I’m sorry to see you were somewhat disrupted during your stay due to the noise and to hear this would deter you from staying again. We hope you would consider staying with us again and if you were to return please let us know, and I would encourage you to place a request for a room in a quieter area of the hotel- we would be happy to accommodate this to enhance your stay with us!
Due to the age of the building the thickness of the walls is difficult for us to make any changes to, we understand your comments about the noise you experienced.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments, we hope to see you again soon.

Warm wishes,