“Cosy and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soup Kitchen

Soup Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 234 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Soup Kitchen, at the top of Church Lane overlooking St Mary’s Church, has been run by the Sandy family for over thirty years. We pride ourselves on our freshly cooked food and are so flattered that folk keep coming back time and time again to visit us. When the weather is fine our roof top garden is always popular and it’s a great place to relax and let life pass you by. From Monday to Saturday we are open for breakfasts, morning coffees, lunches and afternoon teas. Everything is homemade and our team in the bake house work throughout the day turning out delicious pastries, cakes and other delicacies. We offer table and self-service.
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Cosy and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've grown up visiting the Soup Kitchen and I always remember when I was younger visiting with my grandparents and now I visit with my friends quite often and my granddad still too as he loves it.

The staff are some of the friendliest and happiest people in Stafford and they always seem so happy to be at work and to help with anything. Duncan is always lovely and makes time for his customers, chatting and shaking hands etc which is nice.

It looks like a small café from the outside but no matter how busy it is they always seem to have seats, there are so many seating areas and it feels really cosy, like sitting in your granny's living room for lunch, I love it.

The food is simple, which is what you want, great sandwiches and snacks (my favourite is the bacon and stilton toastie) and DELICIOUS cakes!!

Cannot fault it at all, everything is brilliant...if you are visiting Stafford don't miss out on a lunch at the Soup Kitchen!!

• Visited June 2014
ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello Rebecca Louise and this review has made my day especially as I have just read the one above it! We are so flattered that people like you keep returning to see us and am pleased your grandfather still comes to eat here too. I really appreciate you taking the time to write these glowing comments about us and I am so touched that you describe me as being 'lovely'!
My kind regards to all your family from Duncan Sandy - owner.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Eaten at the The Soup Kitchen on several occasions and would definitely recommend a visit. Food is excellent and plenty of choices on the menu, have always been happy with the service as all the staff are friendly and helpful. It is a very popular venue and always busy, sometimes you may have to wait for a table but don't let that put you off, if you have the patience it will be well worth it. If you have a sweet tooth the cakes are to die for, they all look delicious and hard to decide which one to choose.

• Visited February 2014
ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
So pleased that you have been to see us a few times now and thanks for taking the time to post this review and grading us so highly. It really is appreciated by me and all those who help me here at The Soup Kitchen.
Best wishes, Duncan Sandy - owner
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Have visited the soup kitchen for many years the service is always excellent and the food the same good choice on the menu. If it seems really busy don't be put off the size of the place is deceiving from the outside they can always find you a table

Visited July 2014
ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am so pleased that you keep coming back to see us and thanks so much for leaving this review.
My kind regards,
Duncan Sandy - owner of The Soup Kitchen.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“a lovely quaint tea rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

this is a little gem of a place .. the roof top garden is a lovely place to relax over lunch xx the wonderful staff just add to the experience .

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Wow - two gems in a row! Thanks for leaving these very kind comments.
Best wishes,
Duncan Sandy - owner of The Soup Kitchen,
Nottingham
“Hidden food gem in Stafford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We were in Stafford for a day out and were browsing around the hospice charity shop when one of the volunteers recommend the Soup Kitchen. Initially I was a bit wary of the name but we walked a few minutes and spotted this historic building which turned out to be the place.

The welcome was warm and we were shown staight to a comfortable table. The menu looked great and the food exceeded our expectations. My steak ans and ale pie was wonderful. My wife's roast beef was as well.

Bread and butter pudding to finish along with outstanding service makes a mere 5 stars look mean. I wish we lived nearer as this could easily become a regular haunt.

ralph911, Owner at Soup Kitchen, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
I am so glad you managed to find us despite being initially put off by the name! As you have now discovered we are a real hospitality business and I am so happy that you enjoyed your lunch with us.
Best wishes,
Duncan Sandy - owner of 'the hidden food gem'.