“cannot fault vivere”

Ranked #33 of 249 Restaurants in Stafford
Price range: US$7 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The only Independent Authentic Award Wining Italian Restaurant in Stafford, Open kitchen, Fully air conditioner, licensed, Gluten free pasta pizza dessert option ,premium quality Steak and fresh lobster
Reviewed 6 July 2014

great service ,lovely food and good atmosphere , will definitely be back ,a lot bigger inside than what i thought .

1  Thank andrea163

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times now, due to being dragged along. This time as a birthday 'treat'

I ordered the calamari, which was nice enough, but with 5 small rings you're literally paying a quid a ring! Slightly chewy, nothing amazing.

My partner ordered a starter (so unremarkable I've forgotten what is was already) which had the exact same sauce.

My mother chose the selection of breads, at a cost if £6/7 you'd think you'd get something half decent. A small, over cooked garlic bread and a few olives.

The mains fared no better. I ordered the chicken at £15.95. This was chewy and beyond overlooked! This was in the same sauce as the two starters! The wedges were undercooked and the salad was more of a garnish!

My partner had one of the pizzas and also wasn't too impressed. Tasted nice, but only average. My mother had the trout, which was also very overcooked!

The. I'll for 3 came to £70. Worth it? No!

He staff were polite and friendly though! Shame about the food!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and myself, along with a few friends have visited this restaurant on two consecutive Sunday evenings, we have found the menu varied and excellent value and have not been disappointed with anything we have chosen. It is nice to sit by the open kitchen and watch your food being cooked. We have recommended this restaurant to lots of our friends and will no doubt be back very soon.

1  Thank Gillian W
Reviewed 17 June 2014

On a recent short break we visited this restaurant, as we fancied an Italian and it had good reviews. Waiter was pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent and freshly prepared very quickly. They had a "call" button on each table which made it really easy to get the waiter's attention on a busy night - we thought this was a great idea. If in Stafford again, we would definitely go back to the Vivere

1  Thank PetetheHick
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I'm italian and I think that if you decide to be an italian restaurant, you must act like an italian restaurant. That's not the case of Vivere.
I ordered an "Antipasto all'italiana", it was composed of pieces of beef in a sort of tomato sauce: I've never seen in Italy a starter like that; moreover, none of the ingredients were typical of Italy, so I can't understand why it is called "all'italiana" (which means "in an italian way").
After I ordered a bruschetta: the dish which was brought to me was not a bruschetta, it was a small pizza: ok, it was good, but it was not a bruschetta, a bruschetta is another thing, and of course it's not a pizza.
Then I ordered a "Pasta alla norma" as main meal. The sauce tasted good, but the pasta was overcooked: in Italy this is considered an absolutely huge mistake while cooking pasta, no tolerance for that.
Finally, I have to make a bad review also for the internal decoration of the restaurant: low light, dark colors, black clothes for waiters and cooks; in Italy a similar decorations would mean that you want to hide eventually dirty stuff, that's why if you go in a real italian restaurant you'll notice a bright environment with white colors, therefore you can check by yourself the cleanliness of everything.

3  Thank Maurizio P
Babak T, Owner at Vivere, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Mauri thanks for you review for my restaurant which made me response to it
I think it's hard to define you as a Guinean reviewer because you have got noting in your file and you have not been to any other restaurant also, how you can say things about my restaurant?
just for your knowledge i wright the following index
1) I am from Monteflavio (near ROME) and my restaurant food menu is from that region
2) I serve more than 700 people a week and some of them are regular from Italy and nearly all of the believe my food are top to standard
3) My restaurant has been voted top 12 restaurant in whole Uk by Independent National Newspaper
4) I am the only restaurant in area which has got open kitchen to show to customer how clean my restaurant is and how freshly we prepare our food in front of our customer eyes
5) All my staff have got food hygiene certificate
6) I won 5 star from local council for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
7)I have got certificate Of Excellence from trip advisor
8) We cook all our food with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh to order
9) I am the busiest Restaurant in town just because of all above things i mentioned but if you think different i still appreciated,

Many Thanks and good Luck