“After nine months away still the best!”
Review of Daru Chini

Daru Chini
Ranked #81 of 239 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Walsall, United Kingdom
“After nine months away still the best!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We've lived near to Eccleshall for years - and often eaten at Daru Chini and used their delivery and take away services. But for a mix of reasons - unrelated to the restaurant - we hadn't been since last March...... until Monday evening. The welcome, the service, the food were all as good as we had come to expect. Daru Chini is the best place to eat in the Eccleshall area regardless of cuisine. Thanks guys - you offer a wonderful place to relax and enjoy fine food.

• Visited October 2013

stoke-on-trent
“A very good restaurant”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Visited here after having it recommended by a work colleague.

The first impression was that it seemed quite small but on entering noticed other rooms at the back, we had booked for 8.30pm and arrived early as we thought we could have a drink first.

Unfortunately they don't have a bar area so we had to find a local pub to entertain ourselves for about 30 mins, when we returned they seemed really appreciative if not surprised but provided us with the apology that the table was still being used by the previous customer's

They service from this point was very good, the food was very tasty, and the price was competitive.

The popodums and chutney are good, I had tandoori salmon for my starter which I've never had before. This was very tasty and looked very nice when placed in front of me as they present the dishes very well. (This is in one of the photos put on by another reviewer)
For my main I had goa king prawns, this again was well presented and again very tasty. My wife had two dishes which she liked the sound of, and when she asked about the dishes they said she could try both as they do a half and half service. This I thought was a great idea as you could use this to stick with your favourite, but also try something that sounds good.
My wife enjoyed both dishes so it worked for us

We didn't have any dessert due to the meal being more than enough for us, we got the usual hot towels after the meal and when we asked for the bill they brought complimentary shots of a Baileys type drink which was a nice touch.

Food very good, service very good, atmosphere OK. And the price which some may place as the most important (not me) is competitive.

I would recommend if you are in the area, is it worth traveling to. I'm not sure, as others are equally as good

• Visited October 2013
stafford
“The best Indian restaurant in Staffordshire!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Have been using this restaurant for years, great food, have tried lot's of different dishs over the years and have never been disappointed, fanatic service!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in stafford”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

This has to be one of the nicest Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants I have ever been to. There was only us in the restaurant which meant it was nice and peaceful. The food was superb, great presentation I couldn't fault a thing. Going to a restaurant and finding a waiter who is so clever at remembering the culinary dishes and all of the ingredients and being able to recommend two/three different items to what I had ordered which were similar but different heats was fanominal. I would love to go again. Mum was particularly happy that they had gulab junan in. (Mums favourite Indian pudding) over all a lovely restaurant. It's a Shame they're not closer to Stafford town!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Not-Applicable999
Staffordshire, UK
“Effortlessly friendly”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Superb smallish curry restaurant in Eccleshall.
We have been going since it opened and it has always been great.
Over the years the menu has expanded and there are sophisticated 'chefs specials' as well as the Indian restaurant 'usuals' these days.
Whatever you order, you can be pretty confident it is going to be spot on.
The best thing about the restaurant though is without doubt it's staff, who are good humoured, laid back and so friendly.

Visited May 2013