“Lovely meal”

Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

On the rare occasion my husband and I enjoy a curry and first time visiting last month we were both very happy with our meals. Lovely place and welcoming staff. Will certainly be returning.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Amy B

Midlands
“Oh dear.”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

First time here for our party of five. First thought; what a busy little place. Usually a good sign.

The service was good and the staff friendly. I went with the waiter's recommendation of a lamb dish I'd not tried before and the others ranged from Kormas to vegetarian dishes. My son had a lamb and chicken dish which he reported as the lamb being lumps of gristly fat and the chicken tasting stale. I tasted the chicken korma and it was probably the worst I've ever sampled. Stale tasting sauce!

The piece de resistance had to be my recommended dish. I'm sorry I can't remember its name but as i won't be back it's of little consequence. The lamb had miraculously transformed into chicken which competed with the other chicken dishes in staleness and the sauce was complimented with pasta swirls! Think Italy meets India. Hidden inside this gem was a scotch egg.

Never ever again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank loonyranger
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Very hospitable and nice food”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This Indian restaurant offers the best value for money.
The owner Abdul is a great host and will do all in can to accomodate you.
The chef Malik prepare some delicious dishes my favorite being his chicken jalfrezi and his bombay aloo.
I have been going to this restaurant for many years and have always been happy with it.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sébastien D
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“I will not be returning”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Reading other reviews, I must have attended on a bad night (or did I?)
This small restaurant is distinctly average at best, as is the food. The chicken (starter) was slightly undercooked and tough. The chicken main course I had tasted and looked as if it was made from the off cuts, the nan bread was extremely greasy (dripping).
No alcohol served.
Difficult to find anything positive to add, and I will definately not be returning.

• Visited January 2013
Stone
“My First Choice”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Since moving to Stafford in 1997, we found this resaurant, not long after Abdul and his brother opened it. I have used the restaurant and take away service ever since, and more importantly have reffered several friends. Even after moving out of the area, when ever I get chance I will make the 25 mile round trip to order or visit.
I have never had or heard a bad experience here (apart from the one reveiw on this site).
Abdul is a business man who's customer service is second to none. He will go out of his way to learn your likes and dislikes. He endevours to learn about you, remembering peoples names and family etc, without interfering with your experience at the restaurant. He instills this attitude onto his staff, who are always helpul, friendly and polite without being obtrusive.
His ethos has always been to provide a great range of Asian cullinery,at great value without compromising on quality.
His dishes are always served as you would want with plenty of content, meat, sauce, rice, bread etc, depending on what you order, in a timely fashion.
The only criticism I have, which is tiny and and rare, is that the restaurant is smaller than others, and if you want to visit in a large group at peak periods, you would be advised to book or at least call in order for him to arrange seating.
If you do call in ask for Abdul or his brother (head chef) Maneek, and say hi in Bengali "Balu a si"

• Visited September 2012