“Stunning just stunning”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Edinburgh
“Stunning just stunning”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel as a last miniute stay for a visit to Alton towers, WOW glad I did
I normally stay in large hotels where you can remain anonymous throughout your stay, and nobody bothers you, never tried a small boutique hotel before, big mistake if this hotel is anything to go by.
Great food,great staff, and brilliant room (Weston room) I could not recommend this hotel higher, throughout my travels abroad, some of the large chains try to give good service, but are always let down by the staff, not this one. It ticks all the boxes for me. I'm always a bit nervous of recommending a hotel (as there is always someone waiting to pan it) but if you find fault then you looking for faults, sure it has some niggly little things but overall it's a excellent clean and well run establishment. Where you are made to feel welcome and treated like a member of the family.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Hello Mike C- Edinburgh. Thank you for choosing to visit Weston Hall and take time out to leave us such a great review. It means a lot to us. Next time you are in the area it would be lovely to see you again so make sure you do visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We saw an advert in the Sentinel about the new, outside area and visited last Saturday as it would be a shame to be inside in such lovely weather. We enjoy the venue in winter with the open fire but tend not to visit as much in the summer.
The garden is a lovely addition and we enjoyed our lunch so much that we returned on Friday!
The menu is varied and interesting and also good value. The staff are pleasant and attentive. I could not make a negative comment about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Croatians
Hello Croations. Thank you for visiting Weston Hall, especially on such a glorious day and thank you for leaving us a lovely review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here and we hope you can visit again some time soon.
UK
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We are well overdue writing this review... Today it is 3 months since we were married at Weston Hall on 13th April 2013.
This review is just a snapshot of our day, which we remember with the fondest of memories....

Before the wedding: Hannah & Martin were so attentive to what we wanted and our particular ideas to make the day special and individual to us.
Abbie looked after us just before and for the bridezillas out there! I was able to dress the tables exactly how I wanted them - every guest was sat exactly where I wanted them! My favours and table decorations were exactly as I had planned...

Housekeeping: Tanya was so lovely and looked after every detail: travel cot for my niece, turnaround of rooms so the day flowed perfectly, and frankly just genuinely lovely!

On the day: Chris looked after the co-ordination of the day calmly and enthusiastically...

Ceremony: so special...much of that was down to us and our guests, but the setting was beautiful.

Reception: food was of an exceptional quality and we had comments from our guests that they had never had such good food at a wedding. I noticed in particular how the service happened so professionally: every guest was served within a minute of each other (nothing worse than the bride and groom have finished their meal whilst the last tables are still being served! - this does not happen at Weston Hall!)

Evening reception: we had I think about 110 (including the day guests) and I would say this would be around the maximum I'd recommend - I think WH will allow more, but we had a very full room (but then maybe that was our guests not moving from the bar!!)
Again: evening buffet food was complimented on (I never saw it myself, but hey being the bride is a busy job!)

In summary,
We were delighted with Weston Hall and now, would we have chosen a different wedding venue: absolutely not!
Did everything go to plan: no it didn't - and I think that all brides and grooms need to accept that there will be things that don't go to plan, even the most perfect wedding venue will have things that are unexpected...
Were there things that we knew were not perfect: yes. Sadly there are only 8 bedrooms (including the bridal suite) and there are 4 floors to negotiate -from the cellar bar to the bedrooms which makes it a challenge for frail/elderly guests...
But most of all, the customer service was excellent... We work in public service too and wish we could bottle the enthusiasm and attitude of the staff at Weston Hall -fantastic!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Hello StrawbUK. It was an absolute delight to be a part of your magical day, we had a lot of fun organising it all with you and the big day is still one of our fondest memories also. It really means a lot to us that you have took time out to leave us such a fantastic review about your Wedding experience at Weston Hall. We hope that you and your husband can come back to visit us soon, it would be an absolute pleasure to see you again!
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have just returned from Weston Hall where my wife & I with two other couples enjoyed a great meal. The place was full with diners & a wedding but service & quality of food were great. We've avoided this place for too long because of previous owners delivering a below par performance but I feel that after tonight Weston Hall will be back as a regular outing. Great. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Hello Simontheshrubman. Thank you visiting Weston Hall again and leaving us an amazing review. We really appreciate it and we are so happy you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again soon!
Bridgend
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was given vouchers for my Birthday off a friend for Afternoon Tea for Two at this establishment. As this is just around the corner from where me and my partner live we took full advantage. I have to say we weren't disappointed.

We arrived at this lovely building which was very picturesque and headed into the Cellar restaurant where our afternoon tea was booked and showed into the lounge area where we would be having it. We chose some lovely sofas to sit on next to the fire, although it was the end of May we went the weather was still cold and wet so this was welcome.

For our afternoon tea we could choose from a range of teas or coffee and we opted for Assam, being one of our favourites. We were expecting to wait a little while and started to have a nose at what else they had on offer. One thing that caught our eye was the Gentleman’safternoon tea which we will have to return to sample, this included more savoury items much to my joy being burgers and pork scratching mmmm, my mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

Our afternoon tea turned up and it looked gorgeous, the taste didn’t let it down either it was splendid. We had a selection of sandwiches, cakes which were a fruit cake, a mini lemon meringue pie, bakewell slice and a big wedge of the lightest Victoria sponge in the world. There was also one fruit and one plain scone each.

Overall I would have to say this is one of the best afternoon teas I have had, the setting was brilliant, the service was brilliant and the food was gorgeous. We will definitely be returning not only for a gentleman’s afternoon tea but some meals as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SianEWilliams
Hello SianEWilliams. Thank you for visiting Weston Hall and leaving us such a wonderful review. It really means a lot to us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for Gentlemen's Afternoon Tea.
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is a lovely and nicely refurbished manor house on the outskirts of Stafford which I expect is often overlooked as it is not close to the town’s amenities.
It is set in lovely grounds and has welcoming staff who are very happy to help with any aspect of your stay. The hotel has been renovated to a high standard with individual bedrooms which are well appointed and have private bathrooms attached. THe beamed rooms are big and the bed very comfortable and I can see this would appeal to either the busines traveller (as I was on this occassion) or a nice getaway for a couple
The hotel has a welcoming bar and restaurant with a good selection of food, and provides breakfast from 7am for the business person on the move early.
This is a great place to unwind if you have had a hectic day or if travelling through the county as its only a short distance from the M6.
The only downside (and not of the hotels making) is that mobile signals are nearly non-existent, so if doesn’t work if you are needing to make calls while on site. (which could be veiwed as a bonus! )

Great value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Hello SPG 1558. Thank you for visiting Weston Hall and leaving us such a lovely review. Weston Hall is the perfect place to wind down after a long day with the beautiful surroundings and chilled indoor environment. We hope that you can visit the Hall again very soon!
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I can truthfully say this was one of the best meals we have had, my duck was superb, and the bely pork received high praise. All the staff were helpful and very attentive, and the Cellar tastefully set out. We will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HLsss
Hello HilsL. Thank you for leaving us such an amazing review. It's a real honour to know that you one of your best meals was at Weston Hall. See you next year (or hopefully before)!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
The Moat House
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Stone House Hotel
Stone House Hotel
#2 of 5 in Stone

Been to Weston Hall? Share your experiences!