“A Staffordshire jewel”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Stafford, United Kingdom
“A Staffordshire jewel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was not our first visit and not disappointed. We ate outside on the terrace to eat. It is a long way from the kitchen and the communication is not good between patio staff and kitchen staff, so allow for the service being less than perfect. I ordered a coffee and after a reminder and two apologies it finally arrived - and was then taken off the bill which we thought was a nice gesture. The team were working hard to make it a nice experience.
Another nice touch was the maitre d' waiting outside the restaurant to guide you to inside or outside eating.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy J
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi WendyW184. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience on our new terrace. Thank you for your feedback regarding the communication between terrace and kitchen staff, as the terrace is a new feature we are still perfecting our systems and processes and I will be sure to pass on your review to our restaurant manager in order to rectify this issue. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cheltenham, UK
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Came here for Sunday lunch with the family. Slightly disappointed by my starter of asparagus, poached egg and hollandaise -- egg was nearly cold, and there was rather more salad than asparagus than I would have liked. But quite tasty all the same. Then had roast beef for main -- again, a decent slice of beef, but nothing really to write home about. Not bad by any means, just not great. Vegetables were a strange mix of very much "al dente" root veg, not to my taste, but each to their own I guess. Cauliflower cheese -- or mornay as it is called here ;-) was very good. Puddings were excellent -- the Eton mess was very good indeed. Coffee afterwards on the terrace was very civilised indeed, and a lovely setting.

Overall, I personally wouldn't rush back for the food. It wasn't bad by any means, don't get me wrong, but I just think it didn't live up to the standards of the setting, and therefore fell below my expectations. I have better Sunday lunches in normal pubs than that, so I think I was just hoping for more, given the impression that the venue gives off when you arrive. Overall rating 6.5/10.

Stayed August 2014
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Sleepy_travel. Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our chef and I’m very glad to that you enjoyed our beautiful hall and its surroundings. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We went for cream tea as a birthday treat and must say it's one of the best I've ever seen. No one in the dining room managed to eat all of it! The best is they box it all up so you can take it home for later!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank quasarbabe
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi quasarbabe, Thank you for visiting Weston Hall and giving us a fantastic review. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff about how much you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea, I hope you enjoy your boxed cakes. Make sure to check our website out where you will see our other menus and upcoming exciting events at the Hall and we look forward to you visiting again soon.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I arrived at Weston Hall on Saturday under the impression that I was having a meal with my family to celebrate my 30th birthday. However upon arrival it transpired that a large group of my family and friends were waiting upstairs to celebrate with me! From the moment I stepped through the door right though until the moment my evening came to an end the service we all received from Weston Hall was exemplary. The bar staff were a delight and were put through their paces with cocktail requests that were not on the menu but they obliged with no hesitation. The food that was served was out of this world! The cuts of meat were so tender and the fish was cooked to perfection. The management kept things running smoothly from start to finish and I want to say a massive thanks to Chris and the team. I would recommend Weston Hall for any celebration. A super evening set in a fantastic setting with high quality food and drink.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Zaggy2013. Thank you for your review on your time at Weston Hall. We love hearing about peoples experiences here and it is great to know that you and your party enjoyed their time at your ‘surprise’ party! I will be passing your comments to Chris and the team, letting them know you enjoyed your evening and your cocktails! Make sure to check our website out where you will see our other menus and upcoming exciting events at the Hall, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have been for drinks previously and enjoyed the beautiful location. Had meal in bistro tonight very disappointing rump steak at £17 soggy tomatoes and greasy mushrooms not worth the money. We felt rushed by the waiting staff in fact my husbands dinner was taken away before he had finished.
They charging restaurant prices when in fact it's just pub food and pub service.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Toridog
Hi Toridog. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. My apologies that you did not find the accompaniments to your steak to your liking, however I do hope the steak itself met your expectations. After speaking with our restaurant team I understand that your waitress was under the impression that your husband had finished, as I’m sure you can appreciate had either of you made it clear that he had in fact not finished his meal, it would certainly not have been cleared away. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful hall and its surroundings. Thank you for your feedback.
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We celebrated our daughters wedding last Friday at Weston Hall and can't speak highly enough of the experience,from top management to night staff!!! From arrival on the day before to leaving the venue we were given first class treatment - nothing seemed too much trouble. I particularly noticed attention to detail - the co- ordinator watched over the whole wedding breakfast and was directing staff to everyone's needs before they were even aware of it. I can only say to anyone who has a wedding booked there - you are in safe hands!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan R
Hello Susan R. Thank you for your review regarding your daughter’s wedding here at Weston Hall. We love hearing about peoples experiences here and it is great to know that you enjoyed yours. I will be passing your comments onto our staff. We look forward to seeing you again, maybe at another time to try one of our other menus out.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

AMAZING !! Is all I can say about this venue, as always... I have visited this restaurant a few times and each and every time it is well above average the staff are fantastic the food is fantastic and today was no different. I took a couple of my friends that are visiting from Australia and wanted to experience a 'high tea' so never mind the Ritz or Fortnum and Mason I immediately thought of Weston Hall and booked a table there. I ordered a mixture of Gentleman's tea and regular afternoon tea the combination was of the highest standard and everybody had the most fabulous experience. The manager Martin really looked after us and made this more than just a normal afternoon he made it an experience my 'Ozzie' friends will never forget, many many thanks to you and you fabulous staff keep doing whatever your doing coz you all do it so well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Martin_Hirst_VD, Venue Director at Weston Hall, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi skinnybilinki, Thank you for visiting Weston Hall with your Australian friends and giving us a fantastic review. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff about how much you enjoyed your Gentleman’s Tea, and it was our pleasure to be able to provide a memorable experience! Make sure to check our website out where you will see our other menus and upcoming exciting events at the Hall and we look forward to you visiting again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
The Moat House
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Premier Inn Stafford North (Hurricane) Hotel
Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa

Been to Weston Hall? Share your experiences!