“Best place in Stafford!!!”

The Grove Coffee House
Ranked #22 of 248 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Absolutely fantastic service. You will be greeted with a smile without fail. I used to visit with a big group of friends when I was at Uni, and now I go in with my daughter! Welcome no matter what.

The food is simple and home cooked... Good choice on the menu (Not too much) But I still never know what to have as its all so nice!

My favourite is the warm BLT. My daughter often gets a complimentary plate of chopped up fruit :)

An absolute credit to Stafford

3  Thank KBromley

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Run by the Sandy family, you cannot fault the service. The food and tea and coffee are first class. Situated at the back of Boots

1  Thank doddflier640
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Several times recently, I've passed The Grove to see a tempting soup listed on the blackboard outside and the other week I had chance to stop by and find out if the cafe did takeaways. It was an off-chance enquiry and I was so glad that I did it! My request was dealt with cheerfully and efficiently [although I did have to mention that I didn't require the roll several times - there was a hubbub of happy customers around and other staff speaking] by the young man at the counter.

My portion of Parsnip, Chestnut & Apple Soup was placed in a good-sized cardboard cup and a cardboard carry-out tray offered and accepted, as I was fearful of squeezing/spilling the soup. Alongside the counter was a plate of 'New' scones - a Cheese & Bacon variety. This sounded a great combination and I asked for one. A paper bag was swiftly given to me and I was able to choose one and place it in the bag.

Back at work, I was able to briefly heat the savoury scone to spread with the butter portion that was included and tucked into my lunch. The soup was smoothly liquidised for consumption and, with the addition of a shake of black pepper, was utterly delicious - all three main ingredients could be tasted. The scone was scrumptious! I'll be back for more of both!! :-)

Thank you, Grove Coffee House, for offering takeaway food, but do mention it on your board!

Last year, I shared a piece of the house Homity Pie with a friend, which was very good too. The friendly proprietor described it to us beguilingly.

1  Thank DizDiz2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I visited the Grove recently after a gap of almost 40 years; having eaten lunch with friends there most days whilst studying at Stafford College 1969 - 72! I've rarely needed to visit Stafford town centre since then but last Saturday whilst in Stafford unexpectedly, I made a nostalgic visit to the Grove. What a welcome I received! I felt like a V.I.P and immensely enjoyed my coffee and home made scone in the short time I spent there. The same family ownership's influence for which the Grove was always renowned, was immediately apparent and it was wonderful to be enveloped in the homely atmosphere which this unique business offers. I can't wait for an "excuse" to visit Stafford again soon and guess where my lunch stop will be?
Thank you to all at the Grove for preserving an oasis of quality and traditional charm in a very hectic world.

1  Thank david l
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Visited the Grove for the first time with a party of five and found a warm friendly welcome from the
Staff who seemed to know many of the customers by name. We took our places in the church pew style seating (a little cramped for 5 of us) but comfortable, and ordered at the counter. Our meals arrived in around ten minutes, well presented and enjoyed by all of us. The number of items on the menu is reasonable and sensibly priced
The only negative would be that the toilets are on the first floor which might put off wheelchair users.
We will certainly visit this charming restaurant again.

1  Thank parkstma