“Good hotel, good location”

Premier Inn Stafford North (Hurricane) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, good location”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here and the staff on reception were soo enthusiastic and helpful - great to see in a hotel when you have been travelling all day. Room was good and bed fine - quiet.
Breakfast next morning was ok but the staff there could do with a bit of some of the enthusiasim from reception

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank traveller123456277

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Warrington
Reviewed 6 November 2012

A very pleasant Premier Inn with very helpful staff.
Very handy if your attending the nearby Stafford Horse Trials
It's worth staying here just to go to the nearby Chinese restaurant with the All-You-Can-Eat buffet. Really excellent!

Room Tip: Go to the nearby Chinese Restaurant! It's a must!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We arrived at the the hotel after returning from Alton Towers for the day which i must say was great and the Fireworks were fantastic way to end the day!!
As for the Hotel simply great service as first time stayed in a Premier inn and will not be the last for sure! Chris who was working on Reception was very friendly and and helpful to say the least. We had a fantastic nights stay and the breakfast did not disappoint either.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
GM232, Manager at Premier Inn Stafford North (Hurricane) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass on your kind comments to Chris and the rest of the team, who will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Stafford North Hurricane Premier Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Scotland
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights last month and for the most part, couldn't recommend it more. The hotel is clean, modern and the rooms large, well made up with comfortable beds. On arrival we were greeted by Chris who made our stay worthwhile. He greeted us and our children like old friends, was extremely helpful and efficient and went above and beyond everything we'd expect. He gave us directions for Alton Towers, where we were taking our son for a birthday treat, some tips on where to eat, what to do etc. Our boys were desperate to get back to the hotel each day to see him! Premier Inn are extremely lucky to have him.

Our only problem we had was the temperature in the room overnight. On the first night it was warm but just about bearable. However, on our second night, the heat was horrific and there was absolutely no airflow. Despite setting our room thermostat at 15 degrees, the temperature didn't drop below 24. As it was October and absolutely freezing cold outside (had to defrost the car in the morning), this couldn't be blamed on the outside temperature. We were unable to open the bedroom window overnight to cool the room down as our son's bed was positioned right at the window and, as stated, it was very cold outside. The heat actually made me so unwell that I spent most of the night in the bathroom, pressed against the tiles in an attempt to prevent me from fainting!

I almost feel bad mentioning the temperature but it really did put a dampner on what was otherwise a lovely stay in a great hotel with amazing staff. If this problem could be sorted out, I'd be back in an instant. Reception was very busy as we were checking out and we were in a hurry so didn't wait to raise the issue. I did, however, email Premier Inn about the horrible night we'd had and disappointingly they haven't bothered to reply to my complaint. We stayed in 3 Premier Inns over the period of a week and afterwards I emailed to offer praise for one hotel and the issues we had with this one and one other. They've responded to the email offering praise but not even an acknowledgement of the complaints. I'd hoped for better from their Customer Services as it's a hotel chain that we use regularly and are overall very happy with.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather A
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

i know this is going to sound advert like.. but.
on arrival a nice warm welcome and a fast entry service.
the room was as expected clean warm .
Food if needed next door can be booked or ordered when you arrive.
Easy access from M6 j14 .
to sum up a nice quite stay.

Room Tip: if this one is full the spitfire hotel is right accross the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

Really impressed by this place. Brilliant value for money. Great reception- warm, welcoming and great with the kids. Offered to book restaurant for us and full of alternative suggestions when the restaurant we fancied was full. Sylvia, one of the receptionists, is outstanding and a fantastic advert for good service. Directions to Alton Towers fabulous. Room really comfy and the bast of all - when my 9 year old lost her 50p in the vending machine, the following morning we were given an envelope with the toothbrush she really wanted inside...which should have been £2.50 - I have a feeling Sylvia sorted it for her- what's total gem. Thank you Premier inn, Stafford- we were really impressed and will return.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sylvia and the team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Stafford North Hurricane Premier Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

After driving for 5 hours was in need of a rest. As I had arrived before 2pm I was told that my room would not be ready for 30 mins. I had planned to have someone with me so I had booked a twin but the two lovely young men on reception told me that they could swap my room for a double and it was ready for me instantly. I was going to the theatre at night and they immediately organised a taxi. My luggage was even carried through for me. I wish more hotels had staff as helpful and friendly as them.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo