We chose this Premier Inn for along weekend break intending to get to the Peak District & this one seemed to offer the best combination of price & distance (to the Peak District & home).
It appears that this hotel has recently been refurbished. The room was great with plenty of sockets to plug in the chargers for all our gadgets & a giant TV (probably 40 inch) mounted on the wall. There was even a wall socket to plug in an hdmi lead so that you could display your laptop signal on the tv, which we used to watch back a film.
The bed was comfy. We have used a number of Premier Inns where the beds were quite firm & took a bit of getting used to, but this one was well-sprung.
Our only (minor) grumbles were
* a lack of storage space - we probably take too much with us anyway, but there was only one shelf and one large drawer in the room. Older style rooms had the 'bookshelf' type shelves & drawers so, as a couple, you could store your own bits & pieces.
* only one side of the bed had a wall socket. I have sleep apnoea & have to use a cpap machine to sleep. I had to sleep on the 'wrong' side of the bed to use the only socket.
We made use of the wi-fi & the signal strength was good. Speed seemed OK at least for browsing the internet. I don't know what streaming was like. It was easy to set up directly using a credit/debit card.
Double-glazing in the room was excellent at blocking out traffic and outside voices, but with it closed it can get too warm if you don't turn off the space heater at the socket as this is sensor controlled.
Staff were friendly & helpful. I had the batteries on the tv remote go & the girl on reception swapped this straight away with one from a room that was not being used.
Whilst at breakfast the rear doors to the Shire Horse were open, for the evening you had to walk round to the front or side doors, which may be an issue to the disabled/wheelchair users. The hotel does have a lift however.
Overall a very enjoyable weekend plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Stafford Castle, Shire Hall Gallery, and Sandon Hall - all within 15 minutes' drive ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Stafford North (Hurricane) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Stafford North (Hurricane) Hotel Staffordshire