“Convenient location near motorway”

Premier Inn Stafford North (Spitfire) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I'm not going to comment on the general comfort, cleanliness, etc.,of this hotel, as my experience is that all Premier Inn's offer good quality in that respect for the price, especially if booked sufficiently far in advance.

My positive feedback on this particular hotel is its convenient location close to the motorway for anyone looking to break a north/south journey. We were travelling from the Isle of Man to Kent and arrived early evening on the boat to Liverpool, meaning this hotel was a relatively short drive for a comfortable stop before setting off refreshed for the bulk of the journey the next day.

Literally only a few minutes off the motorway in an easily accessible location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4-6-14 with my girlfriend and 3 year old daughter over night as we were visiting alton towers.really friendly girl on reception and check in was speedy and done in minutes.the room we stayed in was a family room.cannot fault anything it was clean,comfortable.next door in the brewers fayre again was brilliant with really friendly staff in particular kelvin,simon,and lisa.they made our stay perfect,nothing was too much trouble,my daughter was made up when kelvin brought a pink balloon for her.its these sort of people that would make me stay again.no faults at all.superb stay.well done to all.thankyou.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I called here and booked in rather than drive home from a shift as i was returning next day, was given one of two rooms left, disabled room which was spacious and clean, lovely and comfy, i popped to the Brewers Fayre next door for a quick meal and then got tucked up in bed, wifi was £3 for 24hrs which was great as my phone had no signal with EE, have booked again for next week

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very friendly and helpfull staff
Restaurant next door good staff very friendly and very attentive
Manager is crackers which adds to the fun
Nothing was too much trouble, I would stay again
Overall very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stopped here with family on a trip from Scotland to London.
Staff were welcoming and despite concerns over the lack of parking, they showed me where to park and offered a ticket to let me keep the car there after 9am the next day without facing a penalty.
Room was clean but smaller than I was expecting (2 adults, a 4yo and 1yo). but proved to be fine for our needs.

We enquired about dinner and were provided with a number of menus for companies that deliver. This was a godsend as we were putting 2 kids to bed.

Room was comfortable and we got a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was served next door and was v tasty with nothing being too much bother for the staff.

I'd definitely stay here again if i needed a place to stop, but perhaps ask for a room that wasn't so close the end.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night after a day at Alton Towers. Fantastic place! Easy to find, large family room that comfortably accommodated myself, my husband, my teenage daughter and my 10 yr old son. Modern, sparkling clean, comfy beds. We ate an evening meal as well as breakfast in the adjoining pub, which was busy but the food and service were excellent. The hotel receptionist was welcoming, polite and very helpful. We were continuing down to another Premier Inn in London for a few days sightseeing, and she gladly phoned ahead for me when I had a query about the parking down there. Very warm and friendly so 10/10 on the customer service front! Would highly recommend, and will most definitely visit again :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank b24butterfly
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as a stop over for Alton towers. It's about a 35/40 min journey to Alton Towers which may sound a bit far but it beats paying the extortionate prices for the theme park hotel. We had everything we needed for our stay and the room was spacious enough for the four of us. We are a family of two adults a 15 year old and a 12 year old. Our only small gripe would be the fourth bed was a camp bed and both my kids found it very uncomfortable but for two nights it wasn't worth complaining. We had tea and coffee in the room a modern TV, hairdryer and plenty of towels. Shower gel and liquid soap were also provided. The room did get warm through the night as we felt we had to close the window to block out any traffic noise, we certainly didn't hear any. The reception was very friendly and helpful.

We pre booked breakfast which was plentiful and something for everyone. From Full cooked breakfast to cereals and fresh fruit salad. If you book an adult breakfast a child eats free so well worth it.

We had evening meals in the Redhill pub (Brewers Fayre) which was conveniently next door. We didn't book tables but were always seated Ok. It does get busy and we did have a bit of a wait for food but we were told this when ordering. There is a Chinese restaurant behind but we never used it so can't comment. The meals we had were fine and they do have themed nights with an all you can eat buffet is provided. We just stuck to the main menu.

This hotel was conveniently located just off junction 14 on the M6 but far enough away not to hear any of the traffic.

We had a pleasant stay and would highly recommend this hotel as either a stop over for Alton Towers or to break up a long journey.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family