“Does the job, with a smile.”
Review of Vine Hotel

Vine Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've stayed here a few times, and I have never been disappointed. It's a local, non-chain hotel. And with that come all of the pros and cons of a locally run hotel. You get the friendly local service, but you don't get the highly manicured rooms of a Travelodge.

The restaurant is a classic 'pub' style place, with locals popping in for a meal and a beer.

Nice place, will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had decided to ignore the other reviews and was therefore pleasantly surprised by the warm room and friendly staff. The problems started when i was woken up by a women screaming in the throws of passion at 1.30 in the morning. Unfortunitely this went on for about an hour , which was rather embarasing as I was sharing my room with my teenage son after visiting the uni.
As if that wasn't bad enough, the fire door outside our room was banged shut continually for the rest of the night as people made there way back after there nights out (Room 6). And at 3.30 two women along the corridor had a very heated argument shouting obsenities at each other until nearly 4.30. Things seemed to settle down as I watched the sun come up .. I then managed a couple more hours sleep. I wouldn't stay here if you want a good nights sleep!!
On the good side the breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere near the fire doors.. better still go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sonia f
Reviewed 17 February 2014

In general this is a good hotel we had room 1 on the ground floor just out the back it was very nice comfy bed but the house keeping let's it down, food very good.but we had a bit of a nightmare later on we wear asleep and awakened by some one kicking and banging the door trying to get in to our room we wear both frightened he was shouting and was drunk So you dont no what to expect he went away after about ten minutes to disturb others in the hotel,next morning reported it to the staff to be told o sorry about that and took the full payment but we did not get much sleep after that.thay did get the people for it but it looked like an all male party so watch out for that, but up until then it was very good.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank paullynda
Reviewed 16 February 2014

In general this place is great but the state of the bedroom carpet let it down badly. Fluff (which there was plenty of) can be excused but finger nails and plastic bottle tops were not nice to see. They need to have a word with their house keepers!

It has to be said that the place is very quaint but if you are unfamiliar with Stafford it can be tricky to find. My Sat Nav took me around the one way system twice before I stopped to ask for directions. They have a car park but in the end it was more convenient to park in a public car park and walk back to the hotel.

Staff were all very nice. The bar area is nice too. The beer is great and the pub grub us fine but it is pub grub and nothing more. It would have been nice if they cleaned their laminated menus as well. the one I handled was pretty grim.

The bathroom was clean, the shower was awesome, the bed very comfy and the linen was spotless. Would I recommend it - yes I suppose but I sincerely hope that the management see these comments and make the small changes necessary to make this a smashing wee place and attract even more customers.

Room Tip: Avoid being directly above the main bar area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Must rate as one of the worst value for money hotels in the country.Stayed here over the Christmas period and must have tried half a dozen rooms, including two in one night. The reason for moving rooms so often was to try and get a nice warm shower, in fact on two occasions I even had to boil the kettle for a wash. Complaints to management seemed to fall on deaf ears just got a lot of excuses and definitely no recompense.The rooms are very dated and not the cleanest.Even as, £79.95 per night, residents could not get served in the bar after 11pm, (10.30pm on Sundays). No one on reception in the mornings and no info left for the code,(which was changed most nights), for operating the car park barrier.

Room Tip: Don't use rooms 14, 22, 23, 26 or 28, 17 not too bad!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dags990
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My experience with my partner last November was excellent. We were given the annexe room far away from elsewhere which I couldn't fault. Didn't expect a city centre hotel to be such good value. Breakfast fine though wouldn't serve us any earlier than stated sadly so my partner had to leave without his ! However room spotless and modern and pub had character and reasonable prices too.

Room Tip: Ask for the annex
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

If the price was £30 per night you might accept it but £79.95 it really is a joke, Room was dirty,water was lukewarm at best,bed was lumpy and probably seen better days 15years ago !!!
Breakfast was not till 8am and when I went downstairs at 7:30 the place was in darkness !!!!! I work all over the country and it's a long while since I stopped in such a dirty rundown place especially bearing in mind the amount paid. On a more positive note the bar was quite pleasant and the food I thought was worth maybe 6/10.
Next time will be stopping elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid and book into The Swan
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business