“Wish we had not bothered”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Wolseley Arms

Wolseley Arms
Ranked #26 of 238 Restaurants in Stafford
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Wolseley Arms offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Cannock
“Wish we had not bothered”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I called in for lunch.
We both had the soup which as far as I tell was a tin of chopped tomatos with added basil and put through a blender.
My wife's leek ham and chicken pie had very little filling with a small piece of chicken and a small piece of ham, about the size of a 5 pence piece.
I went for the mixed grill with extra mushrooms. Big mistake. It came out cool obviously waiting in a draught for my wife's pie.
I took it back to the bar and asked them to warm it up.
When it came back the meat had all been put under a grill, resulting in it all being encrusted with a layer of charcoal. The mushrooms had been dried out and the peas remained untouched.
The waitress then came to t h e table for the obligatory "Is everything ok with your meal?"
But rushed off before I could answer.
When I went to pay, I did consider actually not paying the full amount but after such a bad experience We just wanted to get out and just passed our thoughts on to the waitress.
Needless to say we will NOT be going to the Wolsely Arms again.

1 Thank CannockGrumpygrandad

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Family Diamond Anniversary meal”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have used the Wolseley Arms many times as we live within walking distance. When my parents wanted to take the family (14 in number) ranging, from 88 years to 2.5 years old, we thought this would be perfect for a lunchtime and then a walk through the wildlife center post meal.
We took over the room at the rear of the pub. We could not have had better treatment from the minute we arrived, Rosemary was our main waitress and was wonderful, even when one of my sisters split her drink on her dress and needed "drying off".The meals arrived with efficiency, were hot and tasty and exactly what we had ordered.Thankyou from all the Ingram family....you made a special day wonderful.

1 Thank worthers888
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“We had a family birthday meal here; bad choice!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cloudy beer, half a pot of pate with little crusty bread, poor quality lamb, undercooked fish, veg consisting of large quantities of frozen peas and very slow service. The prices are up there with really good restaurants so it's also well overpriced. This is the worst review I have done anywhere. Sorry but it's how I feel.

2 Thank Mike P
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have used the Wolseley Arms a number of times over the years, usually with groups of friends. The last time was for a very enjoyable Christmas meal. What has happened? We were out that way today and, at my suggestion my husband and myself called for lunch. My husband ordered a cheesy, garlic bread which was thick and almost inedible. He followed it with a chicken and leek pie which had a huge puff pastry lid. When he removed it ther was less than a handful of filling underneath. My scampi was hard and both dishes were accompanied by basic chips and peas. I finished wit Eton mess which consisted of 'cream?', half a broken bought meringue and one, halved strawberry. ( this is a strawberry growing area and they are in season)

We wished we had gone to one of the ' two for ten pounds'. The meal would have been better and would have been half the price.
The one star is for the pleasant waitresses.

1 Thank David A
“Pleasant meal”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We took friends here for dinner. The service was sharp and the food tasty and well prepared. Can reccommend the fish and chips, gooseberry crumble and eton mess! Despite being part of a chain this restuarant does endeavour to use fresh ingredients which is how it should be. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2014