“Not enough staff”

Wolseley Arms
Ranked #26 of 238 Restaurants in Stafford
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Wolseley Arms offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Stafford
“Not enough staff”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Had a voucher and fancied a run out so called in for vintage pie night.The staff were run ragged as not enough of them.No complaint about them as they were working hard but were still polite.Both our mains were over cooked so I expect the same problem was happening in the kitchen.We will not be back by choice even with a voucher.

Visited July 2014

Birmingham UK
“Terrible”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Went with my daughter. Beautiful decor & surroundings but the food was disgraceful! No taste in food at all which made it an absolutely rip off experience - definately won't be going back!

• Visited April 2014
Cannock
“Wish we had not bothered”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I called in for lunch.
We both had the soup which as far as I tell was a tin of chopped tomatos with added basil and put through a blender.
My wife's leek ham and chicken pie had very little filling with a small piece of chicken and a small piece of ham, about the size of a 5 pence piece.
I went for the mixed grill with extra mushrooms. Big mistake. It came out cool obviously waiting in a draught for my wife's pie.
I took it back to the bar and asked them to warm it up.
When it came back the meat had all been put under a grill, resulting in it all being encrusted with a layer of charcoal. The mushrooms had been dried out and the peas remained untouched.
The waitress then came to t h e table for the obligatory "Is everything ok with your meal?"
But rushed off before I could answer.
When I went to pay, I did consider actually not paying the full amount but after such a bad experience We just wanted to get out and just passed our thoughts on to the waitress.
Needless to say we will NOT be going to the Wolsely Arms again.

1 Thank CannockGrumpygrandad
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Family Diamond Anniversary meal”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have used the Wolseley Arms many times as we live within walking distance. When my parents wanted to take the family (14 in number) ranging, from 88 years to 2.5 years old, we thought this would be perfect for a lunchtime and then a walk through the wildlife center post meal.
We took over the room at the rear of the pub. We could not have had better treatment from the minute we arrived, Rosemary was our main waitress and was wonderful, even when one of my sisters split her drink on her dress and needed "drying off".The meals arrived with efficiency, were hot and tasty and exactly what we had ordered.Thankyou from all the Ingram family....you made a special day wonderful.

1 Thank worthers888
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“We had a family birthday meal here; bad choice!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cloudy beer, half a pot of pate with little crusty bread, poor quality lamb, undercooked fish, veg consisting of large quantities of frozen peas and very slow service. The prices are up there with really good restaurants so it's also well overpriced. This is the worst review I have done anywhere. Sorry but it's how I feel.

2 Thank Mike P