“Good food! ”

Price range: US$19 - US$48
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In todays world it seems that tastes change at the speed of light, from hem lines to hairstyles, nothing seems to last, but occasionally something comes along that has the ability to stand the test of time, to maintain its popularity, to become a classic...Welcom to the Old Plough, A Classic Country style Eating house, famous for Steaks and Sauces, situated in the Centre of Stoke On Trent.
“Good food! ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We went to the place as is wasn't too far from where we live! We both ordered stake, mine was supposed to me medium rare but came out more medium well! I told the waitress who I think was the new owner and she was more than sorry took it away straight away! The new stake that was brought back was perfect!
Was very very quite and some kids were running up and down trying to get in! This was addressed quickly by the owner!
Good food, for 2 stake dinners 2 bottles of wine and 2 desserts it came to about £90. I would recommend anyone to go here and I would go back again myself

2 Thank Gemma J

Stoke
“Much Improved by New Owners”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This restaurant is now much improved since the old regime left, Steak's wonderful, though we will only eat Fillet, so cannot comment on the others. There is now no need to send back to have the steak cooked correctly, this happened everytime under the old management. Atmosphere better with much friendlier staff. we will be back for our now monthly visit.

• Visited June 2014
7 Thank StokePotterman
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant/pub is amazing. Me and my husband have visited a couple of times now and have not been disappointed. The steak is amazing, I ordered the steak topped with blue cheese off the specials this time, perfect! ! We will definitely be back!!

4 Thank mimi1909
stoke-on-trent
“Good food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went to the Old Plough on Saturday with friends,was told really busy so have to book weeks in advance, wasn't that busy,I had Salmon very good cooked the way I like it highly recommend it home made chips were fab,our friends had pasta and ribeye steak they were also very pleased,staff very friendly and helpful,the only thing this resteraunt lacked was atmosphere apart from that well worth a visit would go back.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank trenthamgirl
“Absolutely out of this world”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went down to pick up my wedding dress and have a trip to Alton Towers. Had a look on trip advisor for places to eat and this one seemed to have good reviews. But mainly about the ales and steaks. We got there, greeted by lovely waitresses. I order the rossini steak.....One of the chefs specials and my friend had a burger. Both were out of this world, the steak was cooked to perfection the burger too. We had three courses and I did not fault one of them. For two three course meals and three drinks only coming to 60quid. Which included a fillet steak this really is thee place to go. Thanks guys, made picking up my wedding dress even more special.

4 Thank Lauren R