“Free night giveaway the most comfy bed best sleep everrrrrr :)”

Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
“Free night giveaway the most comfy bed best sleep everrrrrr :)”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

This was our free night getaway and we chose here as we were goin to Alton towers splashlandings.
Hotel was so easy to find. The lady at the desk was very pleasent and helpful, had room 312 top floor was very spacious. Shower was the best I've used in a premier inn. Heated towel rail which was an extra lovely touch. The bed well that was sooooo comfortable had a very good night sleep. Can not fault this hotel lovely views and room very clean and just so nice usual high standards of premier inn.
Can't comment on the restaurant though as we ate at frankie and bennys on the night time and Toby carvery just down the road the next day.
Thankyou for our lovely stay premier inn trentham gardens will deffo recommend a stay here.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank nad86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

After a traumatic journey on the M6, we were glad to arrive safely at hotel. We were met at reception by very pleasant courteous young man.Allocated disabled room, the smell of urine was obvious also table lamp not working. At reception, the young man was very helpful and said he would deal with it. Shortly after a man arrived, the only words he spoke was to state why he had come ,he got lamp to work immediately, I thanked him.Then the housekeeper came
sprayed the room, stated that there had been a similar problem with another room earlier and that if the smell did not go, to ask for a transfer.
We then went for dinner, the restaurant in the hotel was a bonus, the young lady who served us was brilliant. We discovered that the staff member who saw to light was the Restaurant Manager also acting as Duty Hotel Manager.!! We returned to our room, the smell still pungent, my husband was very tired, it was therefore our choice to stay,window slightly open and perfume(Xmas gift) helped. Reported to Hotel manager in the morning who stated it was probably because the room had not been used for sometime. I informed her that I had been nursing for 40 years and knew the smell of urine.and that the mattress was also uncomfortable, we both woke with backache.She said she would deal with the issues raised.!Would not recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for three nights (business trip). The room was modern and spacious. People are very freindly (even for à french visitor like me). Plenty of choice at the restaurant. But the hotel stays in the middle of nowhere. Not easy to go out without a car. Bathroom not very practical for tall people.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel is the perfect base to visit Trentham Gardens and The Potteries. The accommodation is very comfortable, the staff helpful and courteous. Car parking is free and on the doorstep. There is a crown green bowls green opposite the front door for those who wish to partake in the summer.
We could not fault the hotel or surroundings even though we were on the back of the hotel overlooking the main road.

Room Tip: Try to get a room over the front as this gives a view of the gardens and shopping village-beautiful...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed here when it was first built a few years ago and like then, very impressed with the very high standard of the rooms. Trentham has the best rooms of any Premier Inn I have stayed at. The showers are outstanding, very spacious with even a seat inside for you to sit in! Bed extremely comfortable, great flat screen TV. Had a room overlooking the main road, but the road noise was minimal and not a problem. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. This Premier Inn is located within the pleasant Trentham Gardens Estate, which is a country estate setting, with a garden centre and a row of wooden style shops and green space. There is also a Frankie & Benny's restaurant within the area. The food at the Premier Inn was a bit pricey (the ones with a Brewer's Fayre are best for great value). We didnt stop for breakfast as we had a foot of snow and had to leave early, so cannot rate the breakfast. Would stay again. Great value Saver rate.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This was my first stay at a premier inn and I was pleasantly surprised by my room. While basic the room was very comfortable, spacious and kept spotless by house keeping. I ate in the restaurant for three nights and the staff were very friendly and happy to chat to me as I was staying on my own. The food however was disappointing, the steak I had one evening was meant to be medium but was black on the outside and blue in the middle. On the last night I had the chicken burger and found the chicken was under cooked and almost raw in the middle. When I pointed this out to the waiter he simply said "sorry about that" cleared my table and walked off. Now I wasn't expecting much but I had just been served raw chicken and expected a better reaction. I again highlighted this on my way out to get another insincere apology and left again. Not impressed to say the least.

Overall a really nice hotel in a good location but let down by the food. I would come back to the hotel but would definitely eat at Frankie and bennies across the road.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Annan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were visiting the nearby Alton Towers the next day. Brilliant value at only £19 for 2 people!

The hotel is in a good location, easy to find, not far from Alton Towers and there is plenty of free parking.

Our room was modern and spacious and we had a very comfortable nights sleep.

There is a bar and restaurant in the hotel which is handy if you want a quick drink etc. Can't comment on the breakfast as we went across the road to Frankie and Benny's instead.

Would definitely recommend and we will return next Summer when visiting Alton Towers.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!