“Great Weekend Away”

Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Best Premier Inn we have stayed in. Room was a good size and spotless. We had the room including the "meal deal". So dinner and breakfast were included in the price. Dinner was 3 courses and a drink from marked choices on the menu. Food was beautifully cooked and presented and service was second to none. Breakfast was an all you can eat buffet. All excellent quality and piping hot. Every member of staff we came in contact with were smartly dressed polite and friendly nothing was too much trouble for them. 10 out of 10 well done.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tamworth_Traveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped her last night as we were at a party in stoke.
Plenty of parking.
Frankie and bennies next door.
Greeted by helpful friendly staff.
Room standard premier inn room as always- big comfy bed, hair dryer , spacious, peaceful ( out room was on the road side too and didn't hear a thing.
First impression of bathroom was that it was an older one. Wet room style with frosted door and the modern sink was in the living area. But it grew on me and the shower was powerful and there was a seat!! Very relaxing.
Breakfast was beautiful - I had poached eggs to order.
I would definitely stop here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel was a lovely stop over on a very long journey. On arrival the staff were very helpful and friendly and got all 12 adults and 4 children booked in and in our rooms within 15 minutes of arriving, We were slightly concerned about our mini bus as it was choca block with our cases and wedding outfits (yes we were on our way to a wedding) including the bridesmaid dresses and the wedding dress itself we didn't really want to unload everything just for one night so they told us to park it in the staff car park right near the door and under about 4 cctv camera's. The hotel itself was very clean and welcoming and our room was lovely, the beds were very comfy which is something coming from me as I am disabled and sleep on an electronic bed at home. The en-suite was very nice the shower was fantastic.
In the morning our breakfast was very nice help yourself which my husband loved.
So all in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great so I cannot give a tip for a specif room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I visited the hotel for 3 nights from 8th January 2014, the first night there was my husband and myself, and the next two nights just myself, as my husband was undergoing major surgery at the University Hospital of North Staffs which is just up the road, and we live quite a distance away.
The first night we ate in the hotel restaurant, and the food and the service were absolutely excellent, the staff were attentive without being in your face, and my chicken wings starter was delicious, and the steaks we ordered were cooked perfectly and were some of the best steaks we have eaten.
The room was extremely large for Premier Inns and was clean, tidy and decorated well. Yes as other commenters have posted the toilet has a frosted door, and glass doors and frosted doors are something we have come across before in Europe and London so was not that unusual for us. We found the sink and vanity mirror being outside the bathroom quite useful when getting ready in the morning. The shower was absolutely huge and powerful, and one of the best that we have had in a hotel room.
Our room was on the second floor overlooking the car park for Trentham Gardens, and was peaceful and quiet at night, no noise at all, so certainly request a room on that side if you are a light sleeper as there is a busy main road at the other side of the hotel.
The second night I ordered a pizza from the restaurant and a drink to go back to my room, which was hot, tasty and a really generous portion. The lounge area was perfect for relaxing in with a coffee.
The rooms were cleaned to a high standard and there was no trouble with car parking which was plentiful and free.
I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again, and would certainly use it as a base for local attractions such as Alton Towers or Trentham Monkey Forest.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadia B
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Bathroom door in rooms frosted glass but can be seen through giving a lot less privacy. All other aspects was as expected from Premier Inns and the Trentham estate was right next door. Won't return till bathroom doors are changed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Having a lovely walk aroun Trentham Gardens Christmas Eve with our family decided to call for a drink to end the day at the Premier Inn. The staff where great welcomed us all we had a drink then all the family bar myself and husband stayed and really enjoyed our pre Xmas meal not Turkey I might add I had salmon salad, my husband had a burger and chips presented beautiful we both thought a lovely meal to start the festives

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stay here for the new year with friends and one again cannot find fault with anything

The staff are very helpful nothing is any problem for them but I must say that Kirsty & Linda were brilliant on New Year's Eve a big thank you to them

The Inn is spotless the food is excellent and very reasonably priced

Well done everyone see you all soon

Room Tip: Top floor always a safe bet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends