“Warm Welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Devon, Uk
“Warm Welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Staff are very friendly, rooms clean, beds comfortable! A good nights sleep had. The restaurant area looked clean and fresh and the menu had a good range of food to offer. Car parking on site was plentiful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Snowdonia National Park, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our second stay in a Premier Inn on a complementary basis to compensate for a poor stay at another. A fabulous building with poorly designed guest rooms, non-working in room heating and kettle, and insufficient guest linen and bedding to make your stay comfortable. Despite prior notification, staff were unable to provide vegetarian gluten free alternatives for evening meal or breakfast, but full breakfast cost (£8.95 each) was charged. Marked lack of night time security, and with no in-room phone this was disturbing. For the rack rate charged, I rate this chain as all style and no substance and would unfortunately go out of my way not to stay with them again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

The room let this visit down, although large, this actually worked against it, as it looked meanly furnished, and having a "designer" sink in the bedroom, with no towel holder and only a glass door to a minute shower and toilet closet is not conducive to a comfortable stay. The shower room door clanged when closed, did not offer complete privacy and if used during the night, filled the bedroom with light and offered no sound proofing between the two areas.
For some reason, the kettle was positioned on the left side of the hanging unit, and was not moveable, which meant the small vanity unit area for hair drying etc was almost unusable.
The receptionist advised us to book for dinner, as they were very busy, on arrival in the restaurant, it was almost empty and remained so during our very average meal. My chair was broken and had to be replaced, the room was draughty and not very warm but the staff were friendly and helpful.
The little shopping village opposite was very nice, some different shops, and as the sales were still on, some genuine reductions. Nice brunch in a cafe there too.
Would we stay again? Only if it was a 29.00 room and only for 1 night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

First time I've used this Premier Inn and I do so again

Very friendly and helpful staff with spotlessly clean rooms. Very good restaurant too.

Only downside is the weird bathroom arrangement. The sink is in the bedroom, reminds me of a 70's B&B even though it is a modern design. The toilet and shower are in another room with a frosted glass door and a light switch on the wrong side of the door.

I don't know who thought that wash basin in bedroom and frosted glass door was a good idea but they seriously got it wrong.

I believe hotel was designed as a Tulip hotel and Premier Inn took it over after Tulip hotels went bust. Premier Inn also had extra frosting put on the doors so I dread to think what they used to be like.

The Frankie & Bennys next door is good to, good value for breakfast as well.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is modern, clean and inviting. The restaurant is fantastic and service prompt. The rooms are spacious and well looked after. There is a Frankie & Benny's opposite and Trentham Gardens along with an array of pleasant little shops is 100 meters away. All in all, amazing value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We used this hotel as we were up for Graduation at Keele. The hotel was spotless everywhere we went. The room was very generous with a double and single bed(we booked a twin). There was no noise as promised and we would definitely recommend. In fact we are coming back in a months time and have already booked to stay here again. Very close to the shopping village if that is your scene.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Orignal plan was for me and my bf to have some nice time away in trentham gardens and waterworld. So booked this premier inn on saver rate my bf got taking into hospital and so I had to come myself..
I arrived sat 25th jan check in quick advised of good night guarantee and breakfast and meal times. Room 203 lovely and big this hotel ive been to before and its my fave rooms and shower as its walk in shower and so powerful cannot fault anything about the rooms I like the frosty door and sink in room its different.
I went to the thyme restaurant for my evening meal im a very shy and nervous person so this was a big thing for me to do myself as didnt want to eat takeaway in my room. The staff were very friendly and my food was served quick and plentiful. Couldnt fault it.
Sleep very well as usual in p.inns will deffo come back but hopefully not by myself again :)

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!