“Friendly and clean”

Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nice hotel very clean room. Staff were friendly and on hand to help. The location a slight challenge to find as there is a lack of signs for premier inn but this is a small issue. Plenty of parking available.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great property, well staffed and pleasant location. Wished I had allowed more time to visit the gardens adjacent. The food was excellent. Room large, clean and comfortable. My only gripe - paying for wifi!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Look, it's a perfectly presentable "budget" hotel.

Staff all very helpful.

Rooms, clean and remarkably spacious.

Beds, comfy, but a little bit on the high side for a short bloke like me.

Breakfast, not bad at all.

Now you'd think that a nights stay for 2 people with breakfast for about £88, given my positive comments above, would result ina minimum of 3 stars??

Well, here's where the designers of the rooms made a monumental error of judgement.

So, I'm here to enjoy a weekend with my wife......;-)

The rooms are quite spacious, but I noticed something quite odd.

the sink is in the bedroom. Why?

the toilet door is opaque glass, and doesn't seal well. Double why?

So my wife is lying in bed, and I have to firstly make my ablutions with her looking over through the glass door, and yes you can imagine how off putting that is, and then any delicate cleansling I might want to do before joining her ladyship has to be done legs akimbo by the sink that is about 4 feet from her face, which by now has a look of sheer shock and horror, and she has withdrawn to the other side of the bed, sheets tucked up under her chin, eyes looking like a fearful lemur, asking me if I need medical attention.

Thanks for that Premier Inn designers!

Nobody does that at home, why would I want to actually pay money to do it outside my own home? There is plenty of room to create a very nice enclosed toilet area.

I wont be staying at any PI in the future.

2  Thank Paul W
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Please be assured this bathroom design is unique to Stoke Trentham Garden, the majority of Premier Inn rooms will have a fully separate bathroom with a solid wooden door. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I made a very complicated booking here for some rooms for my wedding, requiring differing numbers of rooms on different nights, with guests swapping in and out of room - I cannot stress how helpful the staff were at aiding me with this, in particular, a very lovely lady named Heather who I cannot thank enough and made the accommodation planning so much less stressful than it could have been.

As per most Premier Inns, the beds were incredibly comfortable, rooms was spacious and clean and the breakfast buffet was pretty decent. Very decent and accessible location with a good Frankie & Benny's a 30 second walk from the front door. Loads and loads of parking.

Just a few minor quibbles - our climate control unit in our room (325) was a little bit "whiney" from time to time which got a bit irritating, and the bathroom door is made of frosted glass and wasn't lockable (not an issue for me, but could be a little bit uncomfortable depending on the circumstances as you could make out what the person was doing on the other side!)

But all in all, a very good budget hotel.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

great nights stay ,made welcome as soon as we arrived ,room nice and spacious ,friendly helpful team of staff ,great value for money .Breakfast choice great something for everyone ,clean and tidy looked just like its picture on the net ,plenty of places near by to get an evening meal if not wishing to eat at the hotel ,peaceful and quiet location .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at this premier inn for business, however I always stay at premier in a with the family and this was one of the best. Frankie and bennies just over the road too and a harvester just up the road. Great food choice for dinner and good breakfast.

I was on the second floor and the floor was solid, so people below couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear people above. A well designed hotel which solved some of the sleepless nights of hearing people above me walking about!!

Lots of things to do nearby so I may go back for a personal visit

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here quite a few times. Fantastic location, with plenty to do. Shops, restaurants in the grounds. Very clean, modern spacious rooms. Cannot fault it ideal for families, will definately be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends