“Beautiful location.”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Lancing, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

A good location for Alton Towers there is closer, but none set in these beautiful grounds.

Excellent service from Craig the hardworking bar man. Jenna is also excellent, always smiling and happy. All staff here are cheerful and helpful.

Food is good value when purchased with the meal deal which includes breakfast. But if you're a steak lover then Frankie and Bennys is the best choice in my opinion which is 5 seconds walk away. Ribeye steak was superb.

The beds are very comfortable though the family room has an awful 4th camp like bed with a thin uncomfortable mattress. I aired my concern on the first day and by the 2nd night I unfortunately had to use the money back guarantee. The bed was made better by the staff with extra padding.

I've not received the 2 night refund yet but have been assured Head Office are dealing as I booked over 6 months ago.

I'll definitely come back to this Premier Inn again but only if they address the 4th bed problem which apparently is an issue throughout Premier which allegedly they're waiting for quotes on a new bed to replace this uncomfortable one.

All in all though a great location, great staff. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from the Premier, as usual it was all we expected it to be. Very clean and comfortable, the staff were great and the restaurant was excellent. I would recommend the meal deal. A couple of moans, we had to wait as the room wasn't ready at 2.30pm and we saw a young man allowed into the restaurant in stocking feet and no shoes. These were just observations and not really issues.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights as we were staying in Alton Towers. It is about a 30 minute drive away but we'll worth it for the price. When we arrived there was a rock tribute band over the road which were really loud! We were greeted by friendly staff when we checked in and had a double room on the first floor. The room was enormous! Almost too big! It was very clean and we had a TV, air con, a hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities, hangers, a desk and lamp and a sofa. The bathroom sink it outside of the bathroom (very strange) and the toilet and shower are in a separate, very small room. No bath but I wasn't too fussed about that. There was also shower gel in shower for us. You got 30 minutes free wifi but It carries on all day so you can't use 15 mins in the morning and 15 at night. The bed was soo comfortable I didn't want to get out! There is a Frankie and Benny's over the road, but we decided to do the premier inn meal deal which we thought was great value for money. It was £22.99 and it included a starter and main or a main and a desert, a drink which included wine or beer and all you can eat breakfast in the morning. Considering the main and desert came to over £20 on their own and a glass of wine was approximately £4 and the breakfast £8,99 it was good value for money. We did this on both nights. The only thing was that on the second night we were served by quite a rude, miserable looking girl which was a shame because we had great service on the first night. It seemed like anything we asked was a chore and it was like she wanted to be somewhere else. Apart from that I was a really good experience overall and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bramhall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our family stayed here the night before our daughters wedding which was booked in a hotel a few miles away. The Premier Inn was perfect for our needs, clean, modern and friendly. We ate in the restaurant which provided good food and service and breakfast the following morning was excellent. Our rooms were allocated together as requested and they allowed us a late checkout as it was a wedding and the bride was departing from there. All staff were friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for more. Will definately stay there again to explore more of the beautiful location!

Room Tip: We had rooms on the ground floor which were fine. It is a large hotel but I image all rooms are simi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cambuslang, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Overall it was a goodnight stay however the toilet door had no lock and the door was frosted glass . I had booked a twin room for myself and a friend to stay is so I was quite uneasy at the thought my friend could see me going to the toilet and stripping off to go for a shower . Also the bar shut really early which was disappointing !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. We booked the rooms well in advance as we were staying here after our wedding (Family and Friends from out of area also stayed here) and therefore the rate was excellent! Staff were excellent, I cannot praise them enough. Nothing was too much trouble for them (one lady on reception was nearly as excited as myself!) Room was fabulous, clean and spacious. We had no difficulty getting ready and the photographer also had plenty of room. Breakfast was yummy and it was lovely to be able to sit with some of our wedding guests. We also ate in restaurant on the Saturday evening, food was delicious. All in all a wonderful place to stay with beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Hotel extremely comfortable and clean in all respects. Staff friendly and welcoming. Quiet room facing gardens, those facing road much noisier. Good location for most local attractions. Not enough parking.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!