“Excellent Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Like many others, having two growing lads, we use the Premier Inn chain a fair bit. The Trentham Gradens version is the best we have stayed in yet. We were visisting Alton Towers for a few days and used the hotel as our base. Alton Towers is a 25 minute drive away. Rooms were nice and big, plenty space, clean and we had no trouble with the glass door to the bathroom. You cannot see through it. Nice big shower area that our 9 year old loved, three showers in one day is miraculous for him!

We had breakfast at £7.95 PP for a buffet, with kids going free, it was first class. We also ate dinner with a very reasonably priced kids menu and choice of ala cart or fixed price 2/3 course dinners. A pint of beer was aound £3, although I did note wine was pretty expensive for what it was. Not Jamie Oliver but good value food after a long day at Alton Towers. Parking was free and easy outside. Wee hint, park on the otherside of the Frankie & Benny's, therei s far more space.

Two wee complaints, there is no reason not to have free wi-fi in 2010 and the pillows are rather thin.

We enjoyed our stay there, staff were helpful and very friendly and would not hesitate to go back or recommend it friends. Well done guys, simple affordable accomodation with a smile. I hope your Premier Inn in Dubai matches it for our visit in July!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2010

Thanks for your review. We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one, and you enjoyed our hotel and convenient location. Your feedback is so important to us in our endeavours to provide all our guests with the best level of service. Thanks again for your review we look forward welcoming you in Dubai this summer.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel

Reviewed 3 March 2010

As long term fans of Premier Inns we make for them whenever possible and we were not disappointed with two nights in Stoke last weekend. I would echo the favourable comments of previous reviewers about the room, the breakfast, the friendly staff and the convenient location. I can also understand why the glazed door between the bedroom and the shower-room can be disconcerting for those travelling with someone who is not very well known to them! You do feel on show when on the toilet. Would definitely stay here again. If you are at all interested in the industrial history of the Potteries then do not miss the Wedgwood Museum located just over a mile from the hotel. A tip if you have a satnav - let it take you to the museum and do not follow the brown tourists signs. They take you around three sides of the square to avoid a narrow bridge unsuitable for coaches.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2010

We delighted that your stay with us continued to meet expectations and you experienced whilst at our hotel the high level of service we endeavour to give our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay your feedback really helps us in our endeavours to continue to give all our guest this great level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2010

So long as you don't want all the extra's (i.e. shampoo, body lotions etc) you pay for in the top hotels then this is just spot on, service on reception and at breakfast was excellent. The rooms are fresh, clean and nicely decorated. Beds really comfy. The shower was roomy, water powerful and hot. I couldn't find one complaint. Breakfast was good too. Car park well lit. Great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holidayladybug
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2010

We delighted that your stay with us met your expectations and you experienced the high level of service we endeavour to give our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is so important to us in our continued efforts to delivery the best service. We do look forward to welcoming your back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2010

I stayed at the premier inn for one night as I was attending a cake course at a local town. I paid full price for my room as they did not have any rooms left at their 'special rate'.

I do not travel on my own very often and was a little nervous! When I arrived at the hotel the staff made me feel very welcome and explained everything I needed to know.

The room was modern and very clean. I had a very good nights sleeps without any interuptions from other guests (I have often heard other guests moving around at other premier inn's).

In the evening I did not eat at the hotel but went to a local restaurant. When I returned to the hotel I did have a hot chocolate in the bar area where they serve 'costa'. The staff were very friendly. I also had a small tub of 'ben and jerrys' ice cream out of the vending maching they have located in reception!

I added breakfast on to my stay on the morning of departure. The breakfast was buffet style where you can eat as much as you like. There was plenty of variety.

Overall a great experience and the best premier inn I have stayed in! I would definatly recommend staying here and will be staying here again when I return for another cake course!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank shartone
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2010

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that your stay with us was a comfortable one, and that our hotel, breakfast facilities and friendly team members met your expectations. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2009

Stayed here for a surprise 25th wedding anniversary meal with my parents, and it was a really nice venue.
The staff were very helpful, and looked after us wonderfully. The food was good and reasonably priced. The service was excellent.

The rooms were large , clean and well equipped. But ........ the bathroom.!!!! What was the architect thinking when he drew up the plans???? There was more than enough room for a decent sized en suite in the room. So why, why , why did he do what he did??

But overall... had a great stay

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Colwyn10
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2009

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that your stay with us for you Parents Celebration was an enjoyable one. At Premier Inn we strive for excellence and are keen to learn from our guests reviews how we can achieve and maintain this. Your feedback regarding our team members is great to hear and your comments will be followed up by our Management Team at our hotel. Thank you again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2009

stayed with my husband and son visiting family. Great hotel right next to shops and very easy to get to. Staff were very friendly and rooms were spotless.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank kng9
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relatoins at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2009

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that our location, hotel, service and efficient staff met your expectation and your stay with us was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming back in to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2009

Overall there are good and bad points....

Good -
Hotel is very clean throughout.
Quick check in and check out, courteous staff.
Breakfast - This was the best bit of the whole stay! Really good buffet. Good selection and seemingly good food, sausages weren't the cheap ones you get at a greasy spoon, they were really good (I went back for seconds and wanted more!)
Good Tv in the room.
Location excellent for the trip we planned.
Lots of parking.

Bad -

No iron in the room, had to walk through the hotel with a ironing board from reception.
Wifi - £3 for 30 mins?? Free in most hotels.
Vending machine had lots of bottled water but after putting cash in, said out of order. Would not give money back, nor would staff. Staff then offered water from bar which was half the volume for more money.
Tacky decor in rooms, but ok i guess.

The worst bit.........
What was the designer thinking when they made that cupboard with a frosted glass door to it? Behind it there is a nice spacious shower but the toilet is right in front of the glass door, which doesnt go flush to the wall. You can see and hear anything that happens in there, not a hotel for new couples who haven't quite reached that stage of relaxedness yet.

When they turned this cupboard into a shower / toilet, they must have made it, looked at it and thought oh dear, something's missing! Aaaah, the wash basin! So they plonked one outside the glass door, inside the bedroom. Whoever designed this cut too many corners in my opinion and it really lets an otherwise ok hotel down.

I heard Stoke isn't a great place and for this hotel to be 2nd best out of 16 on this site, the rest must be abismal.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank astrochimp
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2009

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that you found our hotel location, and breakfast facilities to you satisfaction. We are disappointed that you were not entirely happy with other parts of your stay. I can assure you that all your feedback has been noted and will be duly followed up with both the management team of our hotel and at head office. Once again thank you for your review we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burslem

Been to Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!