“Favourite place in Hanley to eat!”
Review of Ria Thai - CLOSED

Ria Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is my favourite place to eat in Hanley and probably in Stoke in general. I am vegan and there is absolutely loads of options for me and unlike other places the staff seem sure of what goes into their food and there is a sign in the window saying 'vegans catered for here'. I like that it is a very casual place to eat as personally I am definitely not looking for somewhere so posh that I feel uncomfortable. I find the staff to be dead nice and smiley and the service to be reasonable for freshly cooked food- not really quick but if you're out for a proper meal that isn't unreasonable. If you want tasty thai food at a really good price and aren't too bothered about being surrounded by other diners then this is a good place to go. And if youre vegan and looking for somewhere to eat, it is so class- I really recommend it!!

2  Thank Elly K
There are newer reviews for Ria Thai

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We visited with friends on a Friday night following reading positive reviews on here. Even in January I would have expected more than two tables, we quickly realised why, the service was slow and not v cheery, sticky menus and dull decor. The food was reasonably priced and was just ok. We sat cold for the entire evening and I was going to order a coffee at the end of the meal to warm myself up only the waitress never came to ask us if we would like dessert or more drinks, I guess they just wanted to close up!! There are much nicer Thai restaurants in the area, spend that bit more and avoid this place.

1  Thank Stephsoontobeough
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I'm not quite sure I'm reviewing the same restaurant as everyone else, but the picure is the same as the premises we entered and the name was same selling this food , so it must be :)

On a cold Thursday night we were the only ones there, and it seemed the two members of staff didn't want us there, one retiring to the kitchen the other sloping across to present us with food encrusted menus that seemed to have been printed 20 years ago.

The furniture is hardly inspiring, the carpet awful and they seem to have forgotten to have paid the heating bill and this was cut off.

The food was slow in coming, bland and over priced. We left as son as we could with no cheery wave.

We won't be back.

Art of Siam and particularly Blue Chili do it better.

Don't waste your time and money.

1  Thank belinda t
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Ate here prior to an evening performance at the Regent Theatre. Official opening time on a Saturday, according to both yell.com and the sign in the restaurant window is 18:00, but when we arrived at about 17:45 they were not only open but already serving main courses to several sets of diners. We hadn't booked, but they were able to squeeze in our party of 3. Time was quite tight,as we wanted to be at the theatre just after 19:00, so our choice of dishes was limited by that (the steamed pomfret with plum, ginger and spring onion sounded delicious, but we were informed that it would take at least 30 minutes to cook). Our drinks and starters came quickly, but then there was a long delay before the mains so we were rushing a bit at the end. I had tempura prawns (good example of their kind), and a red chicken curry which was flavoursome and not too greasy. Bill for 3 of us including a wine/beer each was about £60

Reviewed 19 October 2012

An excellent meal for 2 at the Ria yesterday. Great service with just the right amount of waiting time between courses. Very relaxed atmosphere. Food was great, portions of food ample. Somewhere definitely worth a visit for a meal out in Hanley as there are not many quality places left.

1  Thank Judith B