“It always makes me feel like a child again”
Review of Longton Park

Longton Park
Ranked #19 of 118 things to do in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I grew up in nearby Blurton as a child and Longton Park was somewhere we visited at least twice a week and more during school holidays. I still visit now with my own children and they absolutely love it. They always take a bag of monkey nuts and the grey squirrels come and take the nuts out of their hands much to the children's delight. I wander round looking where everything used to be the old playgrounds, the monkey house as we called it, the boatyard, the old cafe etc. etc. It's changed over the years like most places do but for me it has never lost it's charm or appeal and I'm as happy today as I was as a child to visit Longton Park. I hope my children carry on the tradition as it is a place where I can go to get away from the stresses of life being self employed I can relax and clear my head whilst taking it it's natural beauty. I still know where every conker tree (horse chestnut) is in the park as we used to raid them as kids. Love this place and will never tire of visiting it. Just wish though that some people would pick up their dogs mess after them!

4  Thank NickPikey

Reviewed 25 April 2011

Longton park is a great place for adults and children. There's a playing area, tennis courts, skate ramps, playing fields and a large pond/lake full of ducks, geese and swans.
And it's free!!! Can't grumble.

3  Thank NuttyNat83
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We love longton park, the new children's playpark is really good and the kids love to spend lot's of time there.
The lake has lots of ducks and swans where the kid's love to feed them and sit and watch also you can feed the squirrels too, if you are very quiet they will come up to you for food.

3  Thank Ferns1960
Reviewed 10 July 2009

Longton Park is a great afternoon out for children and adults. It has big lake in which you can feed the ducks. A small upgraded playground for kids. Worth an afternoon out espically if the suns out.

4  Thank thrahtobe