“Lovely”
Review of Longton Park

Longton Park
Ranked #18 of 123 things to do in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We are regular visitors to Longton Park with our little boy. It's lovely. They have a play area for older children, a separate one for smaller children and 2 lakes to walk around. The only thing is that the toilets are at the other end of the park and are disgusting. If there was a cafe it would be perfect.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"lakes"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My friend and I have been taking our kids here for about 12 years we've been in all weathers, been the only ones there in frost,snow or rain. We have seen it change and the play area be revamped, its a great place to walk with prams and kids on bikes and scooters. The only down side is if you want the toilet or a drink you have to go home, so take a drink and go the loo before you go.

2  Thank AHstokey
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I spent most of my time as a child playing in Longton Park and on my return some 60 years later I was pleased to see that it is still is being well kept, although the rowing boats are no longer on the lake it is a good day out

1  Thank Steek0
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Visited Longton Park with my Grandchildren during the school holidays. What an excellent park this is. There is something for everyone. The kids play area is very well thought out and health & safety surfaces are great. There is also a mini outdoor gym which is very popular with kids and also the adults were keen to have a go. There is tennis courts and a basketball court for the more energetic. A skateboard track is situated on the opposite far side of the playground which is also well used. This park is so well presented and that's why it's known as "Queens Park". The flower beds and two lakes are so pleasing and the swans have nested on the large lake island for many, many years (from when I was a young girl). All in all a very pleasant couple of hours and my grandchildren thought it was great. The park has many events during the year and so I would highly recommend that everyone should keep their eyes open for any advertising.

1  Thank showtimeStokeonTrent