“spooktacular”
Review of Ford Green Hall

Ford Green Hall
Ranked #28 of 119 things to do in Stoke-on-Trent
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to the Ford family for nearly 200years, Ford Green Hall is a 17th centurytimber-framed farmhouse completewith period garden. An award-winningmuseum, the Hall offers visitors afascinating insight into the life of the17th century. The rooms are furnishedwith an outstanding collection of textiles,ceramics and furniture. Family friendlydisplays, children’s parties andseasonal events.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“spooktacular”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have visited ford green hall on numerous occassions from when my children were little they are now 30 odd this is truly an amzing building well kept and full of history they do a lot of events here and sell soveniers in their tea shop .I have also been on a few ghost hunts here and it really is a superb piece of history in stoke on trent .Good for old and young to see how life has changed

Visited December 2013
3 Thank 309Deedee309

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A real step back in time”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I've lost count of the number of times we have visited here. It was also the venue for our wedding so it is very special to us.

A cosy little tearoom, staff that are always friendly and helpful and a tudor house very well maintained.

Car park right next to it and nice gardens surround the house.

Lots of interesting features including a herb garden at the rear,

They also have historical theme days throughout the year that are well worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Richie46
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Traumatised my daughter!!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I visited the 'childrens' Halloween special event and have to say it was a complete disaster! As we arrived we were greeted by a lady dressed as a vampire who was nice and pleasant. We then went further in and joined in with the story telling which was fine. There was a lady dressed as a witch that was completely over the top with her acting and how she spoke or should I say shouted! As she came into the room where my daughter was doing some crafts she was screaming and shouting and my daughter was terrified and screaming and crying and saying please stop I don't like it, the woman then came walking towards my daughter and continuted to shout and scream close to her face although it was obvious to her my daughter was terrified as she was hysterical! I was completely shocked at how the woman behaved and was livid. I then took my daughter downstairs to my patner who I told what had happened and how angry I was. Other staff member could see I was angry and upset and no one approached me.

I will not visit again and I hope this stops others in the future with small children visiting for Halloween. Very big let down and expensive for what you got

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Sarlousto
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A glimpse of the past.”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is a must if you want to see how life used to be. A friendly, welcome place to visit. Low entry fee and no great amount of time required. See how your wealthy ancestors would have lived. But it is not a house owned by aristocracy but fairly ordinary folk. An hour or so then a walk around the adjacent nature reserve. Free parking too. Also, despite being close to Stoke very, very peaceful. I shall be back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MikeandLinda_12
Biddulph
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ford Green Hall”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Excellent glimpse back in time at this small farmhouse, with an authentic kitchen, stone floors, 4-poster beds and a lovely homely atmosphere. Friends of the Hall make and embroider the bedding, curtains etc,. and from time to time the Hall hosts specialists who weave wool on looms and put on games and the like for children. Well worth a visit.

Visited September 2012