“Good ”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Cleethorpes
“Good ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a party of 8 fir Alton towers scarefest last wkend. The hotel is about 30 mins from the park. Md & my husband stayed in a twin room - it was fairly spacious and it was very clean. The beds were comfortable & I liked that u could have 2 choices if pillows. Bathroom was compact but just what you needed.
Breakfast was included-cereals, toast, croissants, muffins, scrambled egg, sausage, beans. Hot buffet was basic but was ok. Adequate to say if was included. We ate at night at the harvester pub next door and that was good as the hotel didn't serve food.
Parking was free which was good and was right in front of the hotel.
For the price we paid I'd definately stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your fantastic feedback following your recent visit.

I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a lovely 3 day stay during school half term holiday. Very friendly, helpful staff. Good clean quiet bedrooms. Very comfy beds!The breakfast is also very good and a nice choice for even children. Very handy for Alton Towers!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.
Our hotel is a great choice when visiting Alton Towers and I hope you had a great time at the theme park!
I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you again should you be visiting the area.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have to say I checked this place out before we arrived, so I knew exactly what the hotel offered. (something I think some of the other guests that have reviewed this hotel should have perhaps done...) We stayed here for two nights, while of course visiting alton towers, and I was pleasantly surprised with the stay we had.

CHECK IN:
Fast, easy and pleasant experience. We arrived around 7, in the room by 10 past - ideal

ROOM:
We had a double room which was a great size for the two of us, there is also a sofa which can fold out as a double bed (we never used this but good idea for families). The room had a large desk with a chair which I was able to work on while my partner watched the (massive) television. There are tea and coffee making facilities and places to hang clothes and fold any away. Everything was very clean.

The bathroom was a good size, with a nice sized shower and 3 mirrors at the sink ( I loved that part...) If you forget any thing like toothpaste, razors, combs etc you can go to reception and get these free, ideal as I stupidly forgot to pack the toothpaste. Thanks!

We were next to a main road but had an amazing sleep, weren't disturbed at all in the night and the bed has got to be one of the comfiest beds I have EVER slept on!

BREAKFAST:

As I had researched the place I knew there wasn't going to be a high selection at breakfast, but actually I was really surprised at how good it was. I had croissant, muffin and yoghurt with a machine hot chocolate (unbelievably good) on day 1 and completely pigged out on day 2 adding sausages, scrambled egg and cereal to that...completely greedy but you should try everything and we had a long drive home! I have to say it was all lovely and for a free breakfast as well, COME ON! I get people have issues with eggs...and I like my scrambled eggs to be creamy and light and fluffy, but these were still REALLY tasty.

STAFF:

I CANNOT stress enough how fantastic the staff are at this hotel, always pleasant, always smiling and ALWAYS available to help. On the night we arrived there was one of the most offensive men I have ever had the displeasure of being in the same room as - loud, obnoxious and down right rude! While the male member of staff was dealing with a customer ON THE PHONE, this guest proceeded to whistle, snap his fingers and shout at him to call him a taxi. I was at the point of going over to him and giving him a good old smack, when the member of staff got off the phone and asked EXTREMELY cal my, "I'm sorry, are you talking to me?" before proceeding to deal with his request. I was very impressed with this - no one should have to deal with such imbeciles!

OVERALL:

The room was at a great rate, the staff were fantastic, the breakfast was just what I needed and I never wanted to leave that comfy bed! Thank you holiday in express for such a great weekend! We will absolutely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your kind and informative review. We are delighted we delivered everything you expected and more!

Our team are dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer service and it is fabulous to read your comments about the team. I will make sure I share your feedback with them.

Myself and the team look forward welcoming you back in the very near future!

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here with friends whilst visiting Alton Towers, it is about 20 mins from the resort. The reception area is nice, clean and welcoming and the front desk staff that checked us in was really friendly. We tried to check in however, because I had booked via a comparison website, we only found out on the day that the company that we booked and paid, did not honor the booking with Holiday Inn Express. We had no booking and of course we had just lost money paid for the initial booking.The gent on front desk was an absolute delight given our predicament. He explained that he had a few people showing up the past few weeks with this now defunct company. We were obviously distressed, it was late in the evening and we had two options 1) check in and pay again 2) go home.

The gent on the front desk informed us they were very busy that night but that they had one room for us. We decided to go for the former and the gent was even nice enough to give us the room at the price we initially secured. An absolute diamond he was!

We had a double bed and a sofa double fold out bed, I stayed on the fold out and slept well. We did nip out to the Harvester for dinner too, which is just next door.

The hotel provides you with free wifi, which is rare these days so it was a nice touch. The room was nice and clean and the bathroom, although small and compact, it did have a fold back, multi function door, where the door to the bathroom can be fold back on the toilet area so it separates the shower/sink area should someone need that area if someone was using the loo!

The hotel also provides free breakfast. Yes, it is limited to choice but it does that job - if you don't like it, you can go buy it from somewhere!! simples.

You get muffins, fruit, cereal, bread rolls and bread slices that can be toasted. You get a variety of juices, coffees and teas - try the chocolate! very nice for a machine dispensed drink!

You also get an option of beans and sausages, the scrambled eggs, yes they looked like they'd seen better days, but you do not have to eat these! The free breakfast, for a free one, is very good!

I would definitely stay here again if I were visiting Alton Towers or nearby attractions and I would definitely recommend it. The rates are very reasonable too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your fantastic feedback following your recent visit.

I am pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you again should you be visiting the area.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting Alton Towers with my 4 children. Easy to find, plenty of parking. Check in was fast and friendly. Was given interconnecting rooms despite not having requested them -very thoughtful. Rooms clean and beds very comfortable. Despite being right on a busy road it was very quiet. The hotel was full, and as it was half term, most guests were families visiting Alton Towers. This caused no problems. Staff were all cheerful and helpful. Breakfast was good and constantly refilled so no problems with running out of things. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Good value for money.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you very much for such a fantastic review!

It is great to read a headline “Fabulous Staff” as pride ourselves in delivering the highest levels of customer service and we appreciate all of our guests.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We went with our two boys and booked in a family room. The hotel was easy to find and lots of parking. Staff were friendly when we checked in and the room was clean. The room was a small room for a family room. As we only stayed overnight it wasn't an issue, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay two or more nights in such a small room.

We went to the harvester next door, which I would recommend.

The breakfast the next day was fine. Some hot food, cereal, toast, croissants etc. It was busy, but to be fair the staff had said it would be as the hotel was full. As the breakfast was all included in the price it was really good value.

As with most people we stayed before going to Alton Towers, it is a reasonable travel distance away and made sure we got to the park for a full day.

Would recommend an overnight stay at this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed our FREE Express Start Breakfast as we take a lot of time to prepare breakfast for our guests to ensure you have a good start the day!

Children stay free when sharing a family guestroom with their parents but we are able to offer some adjoining guestrooms if you require more space.

We hope to welcome you back should you be visiting the area.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I didn't arrive until midnight, staff were very pleasant and ensured I got checked in quickly.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the bathroom did big have a bath but had a powerful shower.

I didn't eat at the restaurant next door however the free breakfast the next morning was satisfactory.

I would use this hotel again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your fantastic feedback following your recent visit, I am glad you had a good stay with us.

I am very pleased our night’s team gave you a warm welcome upon your arrival and checked you in quickly. I will make sure I communicate your feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6
#4 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent? Share your experiences!