“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel overnight whilst on a business trip, the check in process was fast and efficient and the staff were very friendly. i had a problem with the heating in my room but this was resolved within minutes.
i found the room clean and very comfortable, the shower was excellent with plenty of hot water at a good pressure.
Breakfast in the morning was served from 6.30 and was adequate although the scrambled egg is an acquired taste!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear you found our hotel staff fast, efficient and that resolved your heating issue promptly. We pride ourselves in delivering the highest levels of customer service. I will ensure I communicate your feedback with the team.

I’m pleased to hear that your overall stay with us has met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Stoke on Trent in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friend and I stayed at the hotel last night. We live at opposite ends of the country and only see each other every 18 months, so we were looking forward to it! On arrival at the hotel, the staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly (a contrast to the Premier Inn at Trentham Gardens). Unfortunately there was clearly a large party booked into the hotel who did not adequately supervise their children. The hotel staff, namely the duty manager did their utmost to respond to the noise in the corridors. They were happy to move us to a quieter room on the top floor and we slept really well. The room was clean and breakfast good, but the staff certainly made this hotel worth returning to. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and give us such fantastic feedback following your recent stay.

It is great to hear that the team looked after you throughout your stay. We do our upmost to ensure the corridors are monitored throughout the evening and night time to ensure all of our guests have a great night’s sleep and I am pleased we were able to resolve any issues you had.

Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here for about a fortnight on a Business trip. As compared to the relative prices/comfort levels of the hotels in the vicinity i would rate this place as 'Value for Money'.
The breakfast spread is not something you would love to have for 15 days. However as they say .. Something is better than nothing. The juices come from Concentrates & they are not meant for the Diabetic....just tooooo sweet.
Free WiFi was definitely an USP for the hotel - one of the prime reasons I chose it. The newspapers also did their bit in the morning helping one to catch up with the world.
Most of the staff were quite helpful & welcomed guests with a smiling face. There was however 1 Manager on Duty who I believe had never learnt to smile. She always puts on a long face. Fortunately (for her) I dont quite remember her name. On checking in (the 2nd time) I asked her which room was being offered to me & she staunchly replied without even bothering to look at me - "All our rooms are the same". It took a great amount of pain & effort for her to smile.
Other than this, I think I was fine here. The room was pretty ok although I think the lights in the room are quite insufficient...but thats my view.
After staying at other hotels in the Stoke-on-Trent & discussing the comments from my colleagues I think this is a better property to be in & this chain of hotels also offer a Corporate Discount & have their IHG Rewards which is quite uselful in getting a Free Stay.

Room Tip: Take the front facing rooms especially if you are on a long stay
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. It’s great to read the headline “Value for Money” as we offer a great night's sleep at affordable prices with FREE Breakfast and FREE WIFI!

I would like to apologise for the disappointment you felt with the Customer Service. We are proud of the high levels of Customer Service that we offer and I have spoken with my management team to ensure that this is displayed at all times.

I’m glad to hear that your overall stay with us has met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Stoke on Trent in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for 1 night only but as with all hotels of this sort, that is sufficient to give you a good idea of what this place is about.
It may have the 'Holiday Inn' tag but this place is really competing with the likes of motel chains such as Travelodge and Days Inn. The room is identical to a Travelodge room. Very basic - small double bed, simple bench table which doubles up as dressing table & table for everything else. No wardrobe, just open shelving and an open rail for hanging clothes. Bathroom is functional, with a door that closes alternatively the entire bathroom or the toilet section alone. The shower was the best feature of the room - powerful, height-adjustable and convertible to hand-held.
Room temperature/ventilation was fine. TV was a good size and had the usual choice of channels. Coffee/tea making facilities provided. We were given 24 hour access to free wifi but I am uncertain if this is the norm or was part of our stay package.
The hotel provides free breakfast - you simply seat yourself in their little lounge and help yourself to the buffet. Quality of food was poor. Bacon & sausages were edible but the scrambled egg was dire. Orange juice was not fresh. Fruits provided were stale. However, the muffins were good. Cooked food, crockery & cutlery were not regularly replenished.
Staff at the reception were efficient and friendly - there was no wait and check in/check out went smoothly. A mention must be made of the chambermaids who were the most persistent I have ever come across. Check out is 12pm but by 11:30am they had already come into our room twice - without knocking - and at least 4 of them were running in & out of rooms along our corridor when we eventually left at 11:45am.
I would rate this as an average motel. It is certainly not of the 'Holiday Inn' quality but I guess the 'Express' line is aimed at the motel market. For the price we paid, it was not cheap and Travelodge gives better value for the same product. Breakfast is the only extra which Travelodge don't provide but frankly the breakfast at HIE was not worth the extra money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank for your feedback following your recent stay.

We are pleased you enjoyed the power shower and found our reception staff efficient and helpful as we pride ourselves in delivering the highest level of customer service.

We are sorry the hotel was not to your liking. We are the Holiday Inn Express Brand and we offer brilliant budget accommodation which is convenient and comfortable when visiting Stoke on Trent area.

I apologise our free breakfast did not meet your expectations during your stay. Thank you for your construction criticism on our service and offerings; we have taken on board your comments and will be making all the necessary improvements to ensure all guests have a great start to the day!

I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and if you would like to discuss this further you can contact me by e-mail deputy@expressstoke.co.uk.

Thank you once again for reviewing our hotel and I hope that if you return to Stoke on Trent in the future you will give us the opportunity to make amends for the disappointment you felt on this occasion.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed a couple of nights recently, as we were off to the Regents Theatre in Stoke to see West Side Story there. Great location right next to the Britannia Stadium. A harvester is adjacent. There is a Hungry Horse a couple of miles down Stanley Matthews Way, next to an Aldi Store. You can catch a bus into town just by the Stadium. No. 500 Plumline.goes every 12 mins past the hour. Beware coming back, as the last one from the Bus Station is 4.30pm.We had a lovely room, smashing shower, good telly, comfortable bed. The breakfast was very good, a hot selection of items plus plenty of options.Easy to get to, just off the A50. This would be a great place to stay if coming to see your team play next door. Very impressive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnnyno3
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit.

Our hotel is a great choice when going to Britannia Stadium to watch your team play! We hope you enjoyed the game and got the result you wanted!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again should you be visiting the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for night one of a two night trip, we were fortunate to get a room at the Alton towers hotel the next night which is much better.
We arrive quite late on and the receptionist was less than friendly the snacks were hugely over priced and they could not give us the room type we wanted. Ok for a budget hotel but get there early to get the type of room you want

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. I am sorry for the disappointment of the room you were provided. To ensure you get the room you require please book direct at the hotel or through our website we will guarantee you have room you require.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment you felt with the Customer Service. We are proud of the high levels of Customer Service that we offer and I have spoken with my team to ensure that this is displayed at all times.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Me, my fiance , our 9 year old and my parents stayed over a night in this hotel after a tiring day at alton towers the hotel was warm, clean and staff were nice the room were lovely ,clean and had everything we needed and very comfy and the breakfast was nice too lots to choose from as our child can be a fussy eater would definatly stay here again and good value for money thankyou x

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kelly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you for your fantastic feedback following your recent visit.

We are pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you again should you be visiting the area.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burslem
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent? Share your experiences!