“Moat House”

Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was a business trip though it was obvious that holiday makers were there too.The rooms were generous in size and well fitted out.
Breakfast and dinner were of a good quality and value for money Staff were friendly and attentive without being "fussy"

Well done to the Moat

Alan Lambert, Enfield

Room Tip: I would suggest an Executive room for even more comfort
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Alan,

Many thanks for such a glowing review I havve shared all your comments with the team and they are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and they played apart in that by being friendly and attentive.

As you said we do have a mixture of business guests and familys at the moment with it been half term. Even though we are very busy our staff manage it well.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here to visit Alton towers. Excellent size family rooms - plenty of room even with travel cot up , room was modern and immaculately clean. Service from all staff was excellent. Children enjoyed swimming in the pool. Breakfast was delicious with a huge choice at the buffet and items also available on the menu. Great location you can walk out to cinema, shops and water park right next door. We would definatley stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

An excellent hotel, stayed in the Kingsley suite for 3 nights, a very large family room, kids bunk beds behind a divided partition. Very clean room and comfy beds. The hotel staff were all very friendly and would always meet your requests. I believe the staff loved their jobs and this was clearly visible in their service. Breakfast & evening meals were excellent, fantastic service and excellent quality. This hotel will be used again and reccommeded to anyone who might be visiting Stoke and Alton Towers. Newbould family from Sheffield

Room Tip: If one of the family suites are available, take it
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Geoff N
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We spent a couple of nights here at the weekend, arriving at around 10.15pm. The car park was packed and I was filled with dread at the idea of a heaving hotel, noisy bar and massive queues at breakfast! I don't know where all those people were but we were checked in promptly, and my husband got served straight away at the bar!
The room was lovely, we had booked a family room but were upgraded to a suite (no idea how so can't advise!). It was huge, the temperature was cool (air con quite noisy but it was on full and was fine once we turned it down), the beds were really comfy, and to my immense satisfaction there were spare pillows in the wardrobe (I hate that hotels only give one pillow per person and you have to beg housekeeping for more!)
Breakfast was buffet style, cereals, croissants, Danish pastries, fruit, yoghurt, toast, and hot food. The service was good, one member of staff even went to find me twinings tea when I said I didn't like liptons! Plates were cleared away quickly but without anyone making you feel like you had overstayed your welcome!
The hotel has a pool, children under 16 had to be supervised by an adult but the adult doesn't have to be in the pool with them. Kids loved it.
This hotel gets full marks from me because it was clean, comfortable, great value but above all because every member of staff that we met, without exception, was genuinely warm and happy to help. They were all really cheerful and a credit to the hotel.
I've selected that we travelled with friends for this review, we actually travelled with family but the site forces me to grade children's activities which I'm unable to do because we didn't select it for a children's programme.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mummywiggy
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed overnight. Room clean and beds very comfy. Nice to have free use of the pool and gym. Good hearty breakfast with two for one offer available at the reception.

The reception was staffed by Samantha who was very friendly and incredibly helpful. She recommended places to eat and booked us a taxi to take us to the recommended restaurant which proved to be excellent (the Church restaurant)

Apart from spotting the lift starting to go up before the doors closed - something a lift should never do - this hotel is very much recommended and proved to be excellent value - we managed a rate of £52 for an over night stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed in Stoke on Trent Moat House for 2 night & 3 days to visit the Potteries Museum Trentham Gardens and all the other places of interest.
The Hotel was very central for our visit, the staff were exceptionally friendly and informative (without being gushy) the breakfast was excellent and the evening meal menu was very good, the hotel had a gym and swimming pool Sun Terrace, Conference area. I want to take my family and grandchildren there for a few days later this summer. Behind the hotel is Waterworld and just a 4 minute walk is a lock where there is a Toby Restaurant and you can sit outside and watch the canal boats go by. We walked to the Odeon cinema and its a 15 minute walk into the town centre.

Room Tip: We had a room to the front of the hotel and it was quiet and very happy with it
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Terri H

Thank you for taking the time to share the highlights from your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with usand found everything to your liking. I am continually proud of our team members and the wounderful compliments they receive. I will share your kind words with them and I'm very happy you found our food to be of a high quality.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to us in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I've been to the Moat house a few times over last few years, all to attend business events, as both an attendee and event organiser I've found the staff and place to be really good.
The positives is that it has a range of venues depending on what you want to run from a large event down to meeting and presetnation rooms. It is easy to get to and the service is very good.
The only dis-advantage I've found is some confusion how to get to different rooms, eg for dinner if they are on different floors and the stairs/directions isn't clearly marked.
Guests who have stayed have given me really good feedback on the rooms, cleanliness, etc.
As a warning remember to get the code before leaving our you will be stuck at the barrier in your car when you want to leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul D

Dear PaulD1812

Many thanks for such a postive review after holding an event with us here at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke On Trent Moat House.

I am glad to hear that your events was a success and the staff were on hand to make your meeting run smooth. We have 14 conferance rooms with a capacity for 650 delegates so we are a perfect choice for those all important meeting.

I am sorry to learn there was a little confussion over where dinner was served and how to get there. I have spoken to my Conferance Hosts to make sure they are fully informative to the organisor where meals will take place and that the barrier code is given to pass onto the delegates for departure.

We do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Alsager Manor House Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House? Share your experiences!