“Excellent once again!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent once again!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

As I said in my last review, we would be back - and we were! This time I booked it very last-minute, through the incredibly helpful reservations department - and I got a better price than online! The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly (again), and I have to say you don't get the impression they are "going through the motions" - they genuinely seem to enjoy their job, and nothing is too much trouble for them. We had breakfast in the hotel, which was delicious - the food was hot, the coffee was good (not the case for many hotels!) and there was plenty of choice. I will say again, this is the BEST hotel we have ever stayed in, as a family, and I will continue to recommend it to all and sundry.

Room Tip: If you're travelling as a family, book a suite!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Samantha P
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Samantha P,

Many thanks for your review as a returning guest.

It's great to hear that the hotel still meets yours & your families needs as one of BEST WESTERNS family friendly hotels it's great to hear we are getting this right.

I have shared all your great feedback with the team and we hope that we can welcome you back again soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as we were attending a charity ball there. Hotel bedroom was good quality and very spacious. The food and service at the Ball were excellent. The staff were extremely friendly. My daughter had a treatment in the Spa and the staff couldn't do enough for her, very impressed. Buffet breakfast excellent. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angela H
Pune
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was booked in this hotel by my office for a business trip and enjoyed my stay for the whole three weeks that I was in Stoke.

Location- I guess the reason my office prefers booking its employees at this property is because our Stoke office is at a walking distance from Moat House (saves the taxi cost ;)). Located in Festival Park area, we had easy access to the Retail Park (which had eateries like Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Subway and many other stores including the super market)- all at a walking distance.
What I loved about the location was the peaceful surrounding.

Hotel & Ambience- Moat House is quite a beautiful property to look at from outside as well as inside. The entrance is not grand but decent. The lobby area has good seating arrangements. There are lifts and stairs to access the restaurant, pool, gym & spa, a level below the lobby and the rooms that are located on the higher floors. I was given a room on the 2nd floor and what always confused me was the access to my room because there are so many passages to go to the rooms. The only thing that would always annoy me were the doors in the passage towards the rooms, they are a pain to open and keep holding when you have a lot of luggage to carry with you!

Rooms- The rooms are quite good in size and well appointed. The window in my room gave me a good view of a cathedral tower which was always a pleasant sight to look at during the mornings. Housekeeping does a splendid job in maintaining the cleanliness & hygienic. The beds are comfy and the heater works well to keep you warm. The bathroom has a bath tub and toiletries given are of good quality.

Food- I rarely ate in the hotel for various reasons. Being a vegetarian, I could only choose between a curry dish and a pizza. Moreover, the chef leaves by 11pm so any orders placed after this time are not freshly prepared. The breakfast spread is good with many options. Unfortunately, whenever I ordered for veg sausages, I could never believe that they were vegetarian. My non vegetarian friends confirmed that they were not.

Staff- I mainly interacted with the staff at reception. They are good and customer-centric. Unfortunately not tech savvy. If you are being made to wait, that might only be due to the reason that they are waiting for a senior staff to help them on the system. They obliged my request to give me the same room when I checked out for the weekend and came back.

Overall, I had quite a pleasant stay at the Moat House with my colleagues and would not mind staying at the same property if I go back to Stoke

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. If you are lucky, you might get the suite which is massive and best to stay in a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Dhananjay22,

Many thanks for your feedback after your rescent stays with us.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and the hotel meet your expections. I have shared all your feedback with all the team.

We hope that it won't be to long before we are welcoming you back to the hotel.

t555ade
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

So this is a hotel I attend regularly... I had a normal stay.. However... I had tipped a Barman £15 for his service to later be offended by his in sensitive manor.... It's a real shame to the company to have an employee representing the company this way. I felt embarrassed by his actions and a guest should never feel this way.... Very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank t555ade
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived at Reception 2.30pm 25/1/14.Had to wait 10 minutes while sole receptionist was taking a very complicated telephone booking, funny how waiting clients on site are invisible while the receptionist continued with the telephone booking?
We had specifically ordered a quiet Executive double room pre booked online. We were given a very noisy room on the 4th floor. Beneath the window at ground level was a large bank of extraction fans whirring away noisily I assume removing basement floor air. At our request we moved to a quieter room on the opposite side of the hotel.
Both rooms had 4ft 6ins double beds hardly Executive class! Both rooms had a tired look about them particularly bathroom tiles and rust pitted window frames by example.
Reported our feelings to the morning receptionist who promised to pass on our comments?
£208 room only Executive roomfor 2 nights poor value for money.Note all Premier Travel inns have 5ft plus beds in all rooms wake up Best Western!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stevenrl
Dear Stevenrl,

Thank you for your review after your stay with us. We use all feedback as a gift to help us improve, and so I am happy to confirm that the comments you shared with Reception were passed onto the Departmental Manager of the area's mentioned. From your feedback our maintenance team have painted the room and addressed the cracked tiles in the bathroom.

I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy this stay, but I hope this will not deture you from staying with us again or any other BEST WESTERN.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Myself and my family booked Christmas lunch and were bowled over by the food, attention to detail and the friendly and very helpful staff. One member of our party was vegetarian and found the food to be exceptional. We will definitely be booking for Christmas 2014. Well done Moat House for making our Christmas special.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon W
GMstoke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hi Sharon

So glad you had a great Christmas with us. We're just putting together the brochure for Christmas 2014 so will make sure you have it as soon as printed!

Thanks for the great review

Clare
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My stay was perfect! Super hotel staffed by excellent people! Most highly recommended! I stay in various hotels both in the UK and abroad, and I have to say that The Moat House ticks all the boxes.
Thank you to all concerned in such a memorable visit!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann E
Hi Ann E

Thanks for the great review so glad your stay was perfect

Hopefully see you again soon

Clare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burslem

Been to Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House? Share your experiences!