“Nothing was too much effort”

Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We came up to Stoke to visit family and it was our first stay away with our new born baby, only 2weeks old. We were quite anxious about this and we're not too sure how it was going to go. The booking was really easy and we were advised the best room (suites do not allow babies but there are family suites which is what we booked) this was really reasonable on price so we didn't know what to expect. At booking nothing seemed to be too much trouble, we explained about the baby and that we would need a fridge and would like an area to sit with the baby at night. I arrived at the hotel and was helped from the car with the 'baby kit' by the very kind receptionist. When I got to the room I was surprised, although the reasonable price the room was just what we needed! Large, spacious and very comfortable with everything we could have asked for to make the stay as easy as possible, even a fridge for bottles had been put in there. We had a lovely large, comfortable bed and a good sitting area for me to sit with the baby for night feeds without disrupting my partner. The staff were excellent from reception, bar and room service. I was so pleased when I requested some soya milk with breakfast they brought some to the room. For what we needed and wanted from the weekend the staff and hotel were excellent! Thank you for making it an easy, comfortable stay for us. We will be staying again when we visit next time.

Room Tip: Explain your needs and what you are looking for when booking your room

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very nice hotel, big rooms, outstanding breakfast and very friendly staff. They iron my suit for free and specialy the receptionist Tracy is very nice and helpful. I asked to find me the nearest church and thy put me under the door a 3 pagest google maps map to be sure that I will find it easy.

If you are in Stoke-on-trend, this is your hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Serban C,

Many thanks for your 5* review after your stay with us.

It's great to hear when our guest have a fantastic stay. I have shared all your comemnts with the team especially Tracey.

We hope that we can welcoem you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Good value hotel, friendly staff. Stayed on winter break offer which was extremely good value. Didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening so can't comment on food, although breakfast was good. Pool at nice temp. with good facilities. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear R T,

Many thanks for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and made full use of Club Moativation during your stay. I have shared all your feedback with the team.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

over priced premier inn/ travel lodge bar tables dirty empty glasses left no costers or beer mates beer flat restaurant slow service food was cold would not be using this chain again 4 star more like a 2 star

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear rob186378,

Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expections on this visit. As you will see from most of our reviews this is not the normal standard our guests come to expect.

I have shared all your feedback with my Head of Departments to investigate and improve were possible.

As BEST WESTERN is a independent and individual hotel chain I hope this will not deture you from staying with any future BEST WESTERN hotels.

Guest Realtions Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Excellent hotel and room was very clean. Omly fault i found was the chair had been missing in the cleaning as i found someones vitamins tablets on the seat but everything else I could not fault!!
I met with friends during the day for drinks in the bar and in the evening met with my partner. Bar staff very friendly but the white wine was a little warm as it is not chilled properly. Needs to be kept in a closed seal fridge and not an open top fridge with ice as used in the hotel.
Ive yet to experience the food but i will be on my next visit as overall it was a superb hotel and will be using again very soon

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Ticked all the boxes for our young family, comfortable, clean, tidy and a great selection for breakfast. Would use again for Alton Towers, albeit a realistic 25 minute drive. A good Best Western option with lots of facilities in the locality

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Around £ 75 per night with breakfast which was the traditional fayre , ie continental or full English. Staff were very helpful, welcoming and polite . The bar snacks although a little toppy price wise were of a good standard and a reasonable selection . The restaurant I felt was a bit of a let down . Not much ore choice than the bar snacks and overpriced . The salads were good but trhe chicken had been left to dry out . It was also noisy which is the same for the bar area . It would be nice to have somewhere that was quiet and relaxing . The rooms were of good size . Plus points were tea and coffee facilities , toiletries, iron, hairdryer, safe and wifi at no extra cost . Negative points were constant noise from either air co or generatbathroom door with no lock, sink slow to drain and stains on the carpet. Im sure the staff would remedy what they could if asked but as it was just a two night stay it was something that you just pt up with . Parking is free at the hotel and close to most local attractions . I would use the hotel again if in the area but the attention to detail in the rooms and general comfort for guests needs to be looked at . There is a small swimming pool and spa at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Allan B,

Many thanks for your review after your stay with us.

I am pleased overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and the team were helpful and welcoming.

We do have an offer in our Restaurant were 2 dine for £29.99 for a 2 course meal with a glass of wine which seems to be extreamly popular with our guests.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.