“Gem of a Best Western”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Gem of a Best Western”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here whilst in Nottingham for pleasure. The staff were extremely helpful and the rooms were of a high standard. The food was good and reasonably priced. All in all one to recommend for either pleasure or business. Very good wifi which is a must. Good location for major arterial routes too. After a long journey you want to find your hotel quickly and finding this one was easy.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Alastair C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel and I was very impressed with my room. I booked online for a twin room. The room was very spacious. The food in the restraunt was very good. The staff are very friendly and very helpful if you have any questions or problems.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay here again if I visit Stoke on trent.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Eilidh C,

Many thanks for your 5* review after your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that all was to your liking. We are so lucky to have great team members who want to deliver great service and clearly this came thru on your stay.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here for pleasure and it was fabulous. The hotel was very well appointed, with excellent staff and wonderful food. I would strongly recommend this hotel. The location of the hotel is ideal and within easy reach of major road networks. Excellent location with no road noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Alastair C,

What a great review.. Thank You!

I am pleased to hear that you had a "Fabulous" stay with us and everything was to your liking. I have shared all your great feedback to the team.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

wales
Reviewed 21 May 2014

first impressions were excellent when duty manage came aboard our bus to welcome 46 ladies to the hotel for our annual girls weekend.
Fuss free checking in and when a few of us were allocated double rooms instead of twin rooms it was duly sorted with minimum fuss. The rooms themselves were spacious and had everything you would expect from a hotel of this nature.
Plenty of tea/ coffee and toiletries and no problem if fresh milk wanted.
Had a lovely three course carvery on the Friday and three course buffet on the Saturday. Something for everyone ( although it did seem a bit strange having apple crumble next to the cauliflower cheese on the hotplate) .
A few of the ladies were disturbed by the noise fom wedding party entertainment when we were in our rooms which would have been fine had the manager not reproached us on the Saturday night for our noise in the bar.
Breakfast plentiful and had a good range to chose from.
We did use the swimming pool and jacuzzi as well as getting some facials and massages. They wer all very nice but could perhaps be a little more profesional.
Very close to Hanley which had all thenhigh street shops you could ever wish as well as keeping it's character with the indoor market and lovely side streets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good hotel overall with lovely staff. Restaurant food could have been a bit better quality. Also booked through a booking agent and it was very expensive. Could have got a better deal going to the hotel direct.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

James M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Jillyw53,

Many thanks for your review after your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable and found the team to be friendly. We do advise all guests to book direct as the hotel always offers the best rate.

We hope that wecan welcome you back in the near future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Came to the Diva Night to celebrate my mums 70th birthday party. Food was good but felt that the meals to meet the needs of dietary requirements should have been served first as I was given the wrong meal which I began to eat, was taken off me but I had eaten sufficient for me to be ill. The singer wasn't brill but the DJ made up for it. Still had a fab night as the company was fantastic and we all had a wonderful evening!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Bev157,

Thank you for your review after visiting the hotel for a tribute night.

I am pleased to hear overal you had an enjoyable evening and I hope your mum will remember her 70th Birthday for many more years to come.

I have shared your comments with my Events Manager regards the meal service and I do know that she has already completed corrective training with the team.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed for a 3 night break, with our two children (5 and 6 yrs) from Sat to Tue. When we arrived, I was a bit concerned as there was a wedding going on, but we weren't disturbed by them at all. The receptionist was brilliant and gave each of the children a welcome pack and actually spoke directly to the children, which is refreshing. Our room was clean and comfortable and the bunk bed for the children, was of good quality and very sturdy. Breakfast each day was plentiful and at the right temperature and the staff helpful and friendly. We only ate in the hotel on one evening, but the children were made welcome, their menu served as mask to be coloured in - crayons provided. And the staff, although busy, were attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Overall we had a brilliant stay and would come certainly come back.

Room Tip: We had room 217, which I was worried about as it was by a door to the corridor, but we weren't d...