“Stayed July 2014”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
London, United Kingdom
“Stayed July 2014”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here July 2014 for 5 vnights with family (with 2 children 13 & 8). Excellent location for Alton Towers which is 40 mins or so drive (also not far from Hanley bus station for a Alton Towers bus service that runs every few hours - didn't try this option, may be will next time). local restaurants & shops just 5 mins walk away. Lots of leisure options near by - Cinema, bowling, leisure pool. Excelent Hotel and very clean and pleasant to stay in.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had an amazing time across the weekend i stayed there. Hotel was nice, rooms were interesting (had a family room for a single person) but what made my experience top notch was the staff... they literally could not have done enough for us. Special mention to the receptionists, Claire and Jane who bent over backward to sort a very confusing situation that we put to them. We had a laugh and got it all sorted...amazing people they employ there!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Jason C
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just back yesterday stayed 4 nights at this hotel, picked for location nearby to Alton Towers, but that's another story please see my review on that if you wish. Travelled as family, and cannot find anything to complain about whatsoever. The staff are friendly and helpful, special mention for Kev at the bar area for his cheerful welcome each and every visit and prompt service!. Receptionists also are lovely (sorry I didn't catch names!) but couldn't do enough for us and had a friendly word for the kids which was nice. The grounds of the hotel are well maintained and the patio area was being refurbished while we were there. Food great and plenty of it, bar food menu fab also. Quiet room on 3rd floor, would return in an instant!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western for 3 days whilst we visited Alton Towers. The hotel has good parking and the communal areas are beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. We were greeted by a warm, friendly receptionist who is a credit to the hotel. Check in was quick and we made our way to our double room on the 3rd floor. Nice clean room with all the usual tea, coffee, toiletries, iron and hair dryer. I would have expected a higher standard of decor for a 4 star (it is not dissimilar to a Premier inn) but it was immaculate. The pool, jacuzzi, and steam room were great and the chap on reception really helpful and friendly. I had a 60 minute massage on my last day and it was incredibly good and really, really reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend. Lovely way to completely relax and unwind. The breakfast was great and the staff friendly and helpful...even provided gluten free toast for me! Dinner in the evening didn't go so smoothly, the staff had no idea what coeliac friendly food was, despite the menu advising me to ask the staff for gluten free choices. The chap (? Head waiter) was lovely though and most apologetic for the waitress who shoved wafers in my dessert and forgot our wine! On the whole, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We would definitely recommend and will stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaR1836
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a two night stay in this hotel 15/16 July. Hotel is clean and lovely and spacious.
My only problem is it's not disabled friendly enough.
On arrival the car park at the front on of the hotel only had two disabled parking bays and they where both full.
So we drove to the back car park. There where four bays all used.
My daughter dropped me at entrance and went to park elsewhere.
On entering the room it was clean any had everything we needed. Then when we went to the bathroom. There was a bath with shower over. Being disabled, I can't climb In to a bath and need shower cubicle or wet room!
We asked at reception if they had any rooms with shower only and where told no. This meets disability standards! There where plenty of grab handles, but getting in to shower was a no no! They offered me a bath chair which I had not choice but to accept. With the help of my daughter managed to shower!
I think you really need to think about changing your disabled bathrooms and make them user friendly?
Apart from this, the hotel is lovely and I would return.

Room Tip: If your disabled without use of your legs them this is not the hotel for you