We had our wedding reception here 4th September in the JW suite, just opposite reception when you enter.
We really have no complaints and cannot recommend this hotel higher to anyone looking for a wedding venue.
The room was dressed brilliantly and the colours in the room actually matched our scheme, which was a nice coincidence. We had our wedding breakfast and evening party in the same room and its great for that as the bar is right in the room, so no-one wanders off (also smokers can go just across the corridor onto the roof patio).
The food was top-notch, veg soup for starter which i've never tried before but enjoyed and then turkey with trimmings for main which was also cooked to perfection (veg option also went down a treat). The lemon tart for dessert was a great way to end a really lovely meal. The evening buffet was also smashing with plenty to choose from and a large amount of all choices. Alan the DJ was also really good, had all the songs we needed and stuck to our rather loose guidelines of what we wanted playing (rather than give him a playlist).
Our bridal suite was massive and the bed was enormous, all clean and worth the extra bit of money to upgrade.
Breakfast the next day was a normal buffet with continental options, which was also first rate - my best man had a pig's worth of bacon.
Its worth having your reception here for all those reasons and then on top of that you've got the gardens out back for photos (we were the only wedding in the afternoon so we had free rein).
The staff were wonderfully polite from the moment we booked with Dawn, right through to our dealings with Ross getting all the final details sorted.
Its a wonderful hotel to stay at and if you want a wedding venue in the area its brilliant and affordable, and well within reach for people travelling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Stoke-on-Trent Moat House Hotel offers comfort and convenience, just 5 miles off the M6 Motorway and within 10 minutes of Stoke's town centre. Ideally placed for a family break, the hotel is close to Alton towers, while Waterworld is within walking distance. Bowling and the cinema can be enjoyed nearby too! As for more relaxing, grown up places of interest, Trentham gardens and a scenic canal can be reached in a matter of minutes! Our onsite leisure club means you can relax without leaving the hotel. And did we mention that this hotel is proud holder of BEST WESTERN's 2010 'Hotel with personality' award? So you'll be sure to receive a warm welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Stoke-On-Trent Moat House Hotel Stoke-On-Trent
- Stoke-On-Trent Best Western
- Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House Staffordshire