“great location just the wrong hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of North Stafford Hotel

and 1 more site!
North Stafford Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Stoke-on-Trent
“great location just the wrong hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

my partner and i stayed at the north stafford hotel and my gosh it looks great on picture but once you get in ,you are met with this really bad smell , and rude staff . firstly i booked an executive double room with dinner and breakfast inclusive for £158 , the room was so run down , wall paper was peeling off , there was a leak in the bathroom , the tv was not workin , no drinkin glasses in the room , the floor creaked with every step you make and you cant sleep because you can hear ever other guest through the walls , walking , talking there just no privacy and a lot more ... even if you are just goin for a night out i do not advise you to stay at that hotel .. its so rundown ... please take my advice

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We paid £37 for a double room! bargain! parking is £3 so I don't know why they don't just include it in the price, and the constant business of getting it stamped each time you go out of the hotel is a little tedious.So £40 all in.Good stuff.

Right the hotel. As in previous reviews the hotel is very dated.It is owned by Brittania Hotels so see reviews for the Grand Hotel in Llandudno and the Norbreck in Blackpool to name just two and you will know what to expect.We stayed in room 319 and it was spotless.A huge king size bed and again dated furniture and décor.And no flatscreen tv! just an old normal one.What is the world coming to!? lol! Shower worked perfectly and plenty of hot water aswell.You also get fresh towels and soap and shower gel.Also there is tea and coffee making facilities.

A good value base for Stoke and Alton Towers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eddie w
Gmanager721, General Manager at North Stafford Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for your review of the North Stafford Hotel.

I'm please to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. And I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

When booking this trip I was a little apprehensive due to the amount of negative reviews but coming to the hotel we were pleasantly surprised.

We are a young newly married couple and wanted somewhere to stay relatively near to alton towers as we live in County Durham.

When arriving we both were apprehensive but all our doubts were put at rest when we saw the room. We booked an executive suite 129 pounds for two adult tickets to alton towers and 1 nights stay bargain!

The room itself was huge we had a clean super king bed with an lounge area and a huge bathroom with separate shower and freestanding bath which I deemed clean enough to bathe in. It is huge I was floating in it! Yes the room is in outdated but what do you expect for around 40 per night the space and cleanliness makes up for it! We both had a good nights sleep and woke up for breakfast which was included in the price bring confirmation with you as the lady did not have us down as it being included. The breakfast was fine, buffet cooked breakfast with toast and a selection of cereals and juice and coffee etc. can't complain.

The hotel it 40 minutes from the hotel but we did not mind as it was relatively easy to find.

I have no idea why people are complaining about the hotel it's great for a nights stay we both agreed we would stay again in the executive suite for alton towers.

For you frugal people out there who expect 5 star luxury for the price of 3 you won't get it but please spend the extra 10 pounds and get the executive some people are just annoyingly picky and have high expectations for 35 a night?? What jokers. Don't hesitate and book this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Healthiskey

Hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

FIRSTLY THIS HOTEL IS NOT 20 MINUTES FROM ALTON TOWERS, more like 40 mins, however this was through some stunning scenery which made up for the extended distance.
I read some reviews before our trip and almost cancelled due to them.
It has already been said, parking should be free, the interior is dated and needs money spending on it, though I doubt Britannia would ever recoup the costs.
I stayed with my two teenage children and the room was the biggest I've ever sayed in in the UK, we had a double bed and two singles with plenty of room to walk freely between all of them, in a seperate section was a small dining table and four chairs, handy to have a morning cuppa instead of perched on your bed. The bathroom was spacious and clean, downside only one hand towel and bath towel for a room sleeping four!!

The window frames looked orginal and showed signs of mould, the carpet had a chewing gum like stain.
Food was acceptable, but the glasses for water at dinner were tiny and had to pour individual cups of tea/coffee, I feel pots that you can take to you table would be better.
I was concerned when I paid cash and was not offered a receipt especially as they have my credit card details but hopefully this will not prove an issue.
Al in all I paid £86 including optional late cancellation fee for dinner, bed and breakfast for three and so was nto expectingthe Ritz, for this money it was OK but I doubt I will return in a hurry on any future Alton Towers trips but mainly due to the distance away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank claccer
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Booked a night here as I was spending the evening in Leek before heading off to Chester the next day. The hotels closeness to the station was its main drawcard. In hindsight i should have booked a more modern hotel slightly further away.

The only good thing I have to say is that my room was very clean. oh and the late night staff very polite.

the whole place looked tired, the reception staff when I checked in and checked out were effectively rude.

I booked a double room and got a twin.

This hotel needs money spending on it and its funny when they're advertising other hotels in the roup whcih look so much better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Stoke-on-Trent hotels

Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here as part of an Alton Towers deal and I was not expecting much from a city hotel but wow, It amazed me from start to finish. The outside of the hotel is beautiful and inside is even better. The car park is spacious and not too dear, however I think it should be free as you have already paid for the hotel. The hotel is spacious and has old fashioned elegance, the room was the largest and best Ive ever been in, very clean, tidy and comfortable. Breakfast was all you could eat and it was delicious. I would definitely stay here again and if it was not on an Alton towers deal I think I would book separately as it was so nice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here on a cheap 2 night stay-£35 per night- as we were going to Alton Towers.Nice old building but interior needs updating,though the bar,dining room and lounges were not too bad but bedrooms need styling and were very basic,though they were clean.We did eat in the restaurant on both nights and the food was lovely,served buffet style,and was reasonably priced. Nothing to do in the hotel so it was fine for what we needed it for,though if we had paid full price I would have been very disappointed,...must say I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke-on-Trent
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Premier Inn Stoke-On-Trent (Hanley) Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Stoke-On-Trent Hanley Moat House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to North Stafford Hotel? Share your experiences!