My partner and I booked this hotel on line only to find it was worse than Fawlty Towers. The pictures are so glossed up and do not portray what it is actually like.
We travelled from Cornwall to this Hotel and after a long 7 hour journey were more than ready to relax. More wrong we could not have been. Firstly no greeting just a smile and "are you here to book in". The first room was on the 1st floor although we were not told this and we were not shown where the room was, probably because they were ashamed to show it to us as it was that bad.
We called for the Manager who had the keys to another room which he showed us and this just went down hill from there. A Jacuzzi bath about 20 years old that had been disconnected and the shower screen with a broken seal , when you took a shower it flooded the bathroom floor.
Inside of the wardrobe was a hole punched through the back of it to reach an electrical socket( don't worry Britannia I have all the photographs). A bed that squeaked and a floor which did the same . A tv which came out of the ark and you could only get 10 channels.
The breakfast next day was cold coffee, rubber eggs, gravy and tea stains on the restaurant wall, tables not cleared for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Furniture so threadbare that the stuffing was sticking out of the sides
We asked to see the duty manager to complain and ask for a refund who firstly told us that he did not have the authority to sanction refunds, so why have duty managers if they have no authority.
All in all the worst Hotel experience of my life. Oh yes and they charge for overnight parking although their brochure states FREE PARKING
Brittania you need to get it right as this building is one if the Grandest in Stoke and you have let it fall in to so much disrepair
I work in the trade as a Guest Relations Manager in a 4 Star Hotel I would not rate this hotel as even a 2 star and thats being charitable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The North Stafford Hotel is a spacious and elegant hotel, conveniently situated in the heart of Stoke. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your North Stafford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel North Stafford
- North Stafford Stoke On Trent
- North Stafford Hotel Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire