“Just an average curry house”
Review of The Milon

The Milon
Ranked #358 of 546 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Just an average curry house”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

OK, not sure what the picture is but it definitely isn't The Milon! We have been coming here over 20 years, more out of convenience than anything else. Food is generic Indian restaurant but it just lacks something that other restaurants have, service is however, usually good. Out last visit was June for my husbands birthday and we booked in advance, although it wasn't busy when we arrived it soon filled up. We had poppodums, a starter and main course each naan and rice, including wine and beer the bill came to £80 which I thought a little expensive for the quality of food served. If you are used to standard "curry house" meals then you will probably like it but there is better for less money.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Andree C

Stoke on Trent
“not impressed”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

3 of us visited the Milon we all had different meals and they all tasted the same and had too much cumin

Visited April 2012
3 Thank BillfromStoke
stoke on trent
“First Class”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We booked a table for News Years Eve and although the restaurant was busy the food was first class Although it seems slow at times it is nice to be able to relax and take your time with your meal and not feel rushed. Every thing was well cooked and hot the drinks were fine

Will call again

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Stephen I
“Food was excellent, service too.”
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

I find I difficult to understand why this restaurant is not full every night. The food and service is great so much attention to detail and a comprehensive menu with a five course inc coffee just £12.00 a head.

Stoke-on-Trent
“One of the finest Indian restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I find it hard to believe that this restaurant has had such poor reviews previously. I am addicted to my curry and have used most of the restaurants in the local area at some point, and this is certainly one of the best. The decor is beautiful and the waiters and owners that greet you are very attentive and i feel they often go the extra mile for you. I made it my new years resolution this year to try a restaurant phaal, and having overheard this the owner of the restaurant brought me a phaal sauce with my vindaloo main free of charge. It was hotter than the sun. We are always well looked after and i would recommend this restaurant to anybody!

• Visited August 2012