“Room for improvement. ”
Review of Waterworld

Waterworld
Ranked #12 of 117 things to do in Stoke-on-Trent
More attraction details
Owner description: WaterWorld is the UK's number one Tropical Indoor Aqua Park based in Staffordshire. Splash around in a wave pool surrounded by slides, rides and flumes. There is plenty to do for all ages, for weaker and stronger swimmers alike, with a Water's Edge Restaurant where you can lounge and grab a quick bite to eat. We have a choice of meal deals, sharing platters and specialities of the day. Many of the things on our menu are also gluten free, nut free or Halal. Just ask the helpful staff on your next visit. For a dripping good time, WaterWorld also host a range of birthday parties for all ages in its own special beach themed party area. With unlimited time in the pool, birthday buffets as well as goody bags and balloons every child has a whale of a time at a WaterWorld Beach Party. If you're looking for the most happening party every Friday, the Wave Rave is the place to be. With the latest chart toppers, exciting games and competitions with give-aways, it's easy to get fluming excited.
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Visited 4th may, thankfully got there before it opened to beat the queues as by midday it is was completely and quite dangerously packed.
My kids 13 , 11 and 8 totally love the place but they don't notice what us adults do such as dozens of kids and adults slipping over, more slip mats really are needed, lifeguards(really good) treating cuts.
Ordered our food really early (11:00) to beat the queues very good price £30 for meals sides and icecreams etc for 5 thought it was great until our order receipt was left on the side and forgot about until my husband asked 40 mins later NO apology at all, flat coke and under cooked burger , lovely nuggets and chips.
The bubble pools are DEFINITELY overdue a deep clean but everything else pools,changing rooms etc were very clean.
So a mixed bag but all in all a great day was had by kids so I expect I will be dragged here again at some point!

5  Thank hoodoo38
Sarah B, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review; it is a pleasure to hear that your children love our waterpark. All of our flooring and tiles located on poolside are anti-slip as guests safety is the upmost importance to us. Our lifeguards are trained to the highest possible standard in administering first aid. We are extremely sorry to hear there was a problem with your order; this will be reviewed with our catering department. All catering staff are trained in basic food hygiene. Deep cleaning takes place at the close of business; we are pleased you noticed that cleanliness is important to us. We hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Waterworld

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We visited here as two young adults and 5 teenagers (brought the siblings) and thought it was brilliant. We arrived on a bank holiday monday so were worried that there may be a circulation in operation and would only receive 3 hours in the pool due to it being busy as we were previously informed, but we were in the water from 10am till 6pm with no worries, although it did get really busy!

There are just enough slides to keep it fun all day, the one which is like a giant plug hole, and a straight long fast one, one rubber ring slide which pushes you up hill and then 3 small slow ones for younger children. Thre is also a short one which you can race down, and of course the rapids and waves. On bank holiday monday, the ride queues would reach to about 10 minutes long which you can't really complain at, although the rapids would be packed and you'd be dragged around like sardines. There was a heated outdoor pool which was tolerable when we went but must be lovely when the sun's shining.

It was about £4.50 for a burger, chips and drink, I think, at the poolside cafe. We however went to the vending machines in the changing rooms and filled up on crisps, as I bet the burger would have been to heavy to go swimming after eating it. It's still pretty reasonable though.

Be careful because the floor is really slippery as it's like bathroom tiles. I saw a heavily pregnant lady go head over heels as she tried to paddle in the shallow end (someone caught her luckily!) and many people slipping over.

Overall we had loads of fun though and think £10.50 was worth it.

4  Thank Jeneji
Sarah B, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we are extremely pleased that you took full advantage of our many slides and features available. Our outdoor pool area is extremely popular during the summer period. All of our tiles located on poolside are anti-slip as guests safety is the upmost importance to us. We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your day at Water world and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Me and my sister both have children one who is 22 months & the other who is 9 months, we were originally going to dimensions but as that was closed we thought we would visit water world as they have never been before & what a excellent choice! It was lovely & clean, we went in term time so had the baby area to ourselves really so my 9 month baby could splash around freely as my niece was loving all the slides. The wave pool also was a happy hit with both the kids, its also nice that people can sit on the side watching for free as most places charge. we will definitly be visiting again soon!

3  Thank Milly1937
Sarah B, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you and your family enjoyed our many features and slides available for small children. We hope to see you again very soon :)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Yesterday (26th April 2014) myself and my girlfriend decided to take her children out to water world. She hadn't been for around 20yrs and it was a first time for myself and the kids. Having read some of the many reviews in here we were a little nervous about what to expect. As it turns out we shouldn't have been. Entry price was perfectly priced, changing rooms were tidy, parking was plentiful. The pool and slides were fantastic and everything looked well maintained. Food wise price was perfect. £20 to feed four of us and that included 4 burgers, 4 fries, 2 side orders, 4 drinks and 4 ice creams. We arrived at waterworks around 11:30 and there was no queues to speak of and although the pool was a little busy at no point did it feel over crowded and well it's last weekend of Easter so of course it's going to be a bit busy.

My only criticism and it is a smallish one is that I found the lifeguards on duty to be rather unhelpful and come across as not caring too much about visitors as a whole. A couple of times I saw small children slip and hurt themselves (one girl hit her head on the floor) and the lifeguards just ignored it and didn't ask them if they were ok. When trying to ask a question of any of the lifeguards they would point at signs saying don't talk to them but were quick to blow the whistle and shout at something that was wrong (which I guess is the idea of them being there in honesty). So yeah that's my only criticism, the staff need to learn a few basic customer service skills.

Apart from this small and minor thing I thought the day itself and the venue and price were perfection. Well done water world on giving us a great family day out.

4  Thank Bugsplatter2509
Sarah B, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding water world. We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed your family day out. It is nice to hear that your expectations were met and our team delivered an excellent service. All of our lifeguards carry out an induction process where each individual is trained to the highest standard of customer care. All staff are customer care focused and thrive to present this image. From your comments this will be reviewed with our poolside team. Unfortunately due to health and safety reasons lifeguards need to be able to watch their area attentively and efficiently due to this reason communication needs to be kept to a limited time. All lifeguards enforce every rule and regulation as guest’s safety is the upmost importance to us. A whistle is required to be able to gain the attention of a guest. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I went to waterworld few yrs back was warm and fine, following my recent visit i felt compelled to leave a review. Well it is extremely expensive tbh the showers smelt of urine the floor was dirty andit was way too crowded in addition to this it was cold. I thought following my last visit few yrs ago it would be warm enough for my 11 month old but she got cold very quickly and i was dissapointed. I also have to say i was cross when a lifeguard clearly saw me following him through the entry door to the pool carrying my baby and bags with difficulty and the door slammed back in my face i was very cross and really felt it was very rude. I have to say for a baby and four yr old it was not ideal the older lads were very inconsiderate and it was hectic to say the least. I was dissapointed and we will not be returning.

4  Thank poppies111
Sarah B, Manager at Waterworld, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions. Water world offers excellent value for money, whilst being compatibly priced with other tourist attractions; we also offer money saving incentives with fantastic deals on our website, whilst also working alongside “Group On” Being a popular water park attraction during the peak period water world does see a high influx of customers. Deep cleaning takes place at the close of business with a strong disinfectant to ensure cleanliness standards are at the upmost highest. During the day lifeguards constantly clean throughout the changing rooms to ensure these standards at maintained. Any accidents or spillages are discarded of immediately. Bins and Nappy bins are also implemented for our guests to use. Having checked the date you visited, there is no record of temperature issues. Our maintenance team constantly regulate the pool and air temperature to ensure it is adequate for our guests. We are extremely sorry to hear a lifeguard did not assist you with holding the door. All staff are customer care trained and very focused on ensuring all guest have an enjoyable day. This issue will be reviewed with the poolside team. Water world does offer a wide range of slides and features for younger children in our children’s pool. Whilst also having the advantage of a soft play area in reception. As with most children, excitement can take over but our lifeguards will always encourage sensible behaviour. We are very sorry to hear you will not return.