“A little gem! Make a reservation at weekends”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Miso

Miso
Ranked #48 of 536 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stone, United Kingdom
“A little gem! Make a reservation at weekends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I did not expect to see a Japanese restaurant in Stoke but had to visit when I found out about it. It was packed but they found us a table for 2. Service was very friendly and attentive. I can see how some people might view it as slow but who wants to be rushed! We had gyoza, bento box with tempura and udon soup. It was tasty and filling. I would like to see more sushi but apart from that it was great

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank sparky_112358

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“excellent food.. friendly but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited last for the first time last night. I live very close to this restaurant and hadn't previously visited as I had been told the food was great but the service was slow.

Service last night was SO friendly but yes.. Definitely slow. The all you can eat for £23 is difficult as you have to order the dishes by marking a list you are given. You can only order 4 dishes at a time. (Sounds a lot but they are small) the staff didnt keep checking for our next order and the place wasn't busy. By the time we were asked and got your order 15+ minutes had passed since the last dish.. which made it a really lengthy evening.

Having said all this the food, value and friendliness of staff was excellent so don't let it put you off. I'll definitely be going back.

• Visited March 2014
Stoke, United Kingdom
“Japanese restaurant in Stoke of all places”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My parents were in town and wanted a bite to eat. I love Japanese food and searched on the off chance for a nearby Japanese restaurant - to my complete surprise there was one only a few minutes away!

The restaurant itself has very friendly staff and a pleasant enough atmosphere. The food was wonderful; not quite as good as the high end restaurants one would find in London but certainly a lot more affordable. I can't help but feel that those giving a low rating are being 'restaurant snobs'.

I will be returning!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Peter J
Newcastle-under-Lyme
“Still good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Haven't been here for a while so it was nice to see that the food and service were as good as ever. Actually, the service is superb - very attentive and friendly.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Indybag
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great food and great service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We went to the restaurant on a Friday evening. The table was for 16 people on a work night out. When booking I was advised of the different offers on different days and in lieu of a large party discount was offered two free bottles of wine.

We were seated promptly. First thoughts we were unimpressed that our party had been split across three tables. However we were still near enough to not have to shout to each other, or disturb other diners I think.

Food came promptly and service was brilliant. The food was really good, there was nothing that I didn't enjoy. I had chicken and veg dumplings to start, and then a roast pork bento box. The pork was so tender that no knife was needed and chopsticks did the job perfectly. For dessert I had chocolate mochi, though tasted nice was a very unusual texture.

Overall was great good and great service. Will definitely be returning soon. :)

2 Thank amanda1985stoke