“Fantastic food - can't wait to go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Miso

Miso
Ranked #53 of 534 Restaurants in Stoke-on-Trent
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Talke, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food - can't wait to go again”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was a spur of the moment decision to go out for a meal, and I've only ever been to Miso once before, with some friends before a stag do. That was nearly 4 years ago, and I'd been trying to get my wife to go since then.

I had a quick check to see whether they were open, and they were friendly and courteous on the telephone. We arrived and were seated. They weren't too busy, but then it was a Tuesday evening.The staff were polite and helpful with the menu (neither of us were that familiar with Japanese food, and the menu lacked a little description here and there).

The food we had was delicious - my wife chose vegetable and fish dishes, and I chose meat. We had starters, mains and desserts, and found each to be beautifully presented and wonderfully flavoured. My only issue with Miso was the speed of service between courses, but then we weren't in a hurry so it didn't bother us. Perhaps with a quiet evening they weren't feeling the need to rush diners; I would suggest anyone who is in a hurry to let the staff know before being seated.

Would we go again? Yes - can't wait! My wife works within walking distance and is planning on going with some colleagues when they have to work late one evening, as they open at 6, as a bit of a team bonding exercise, and I'm looking forward to what I would considering to be a brilliant alternative to other high-street Japanese noodle-type restaurant chains starting with a "W".

Give it a go - beautiful food, lovely dining experience, and we were not left hungry or bloated as often you are after a Chinese!

• Visited May 2014

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“A pleasant evening :)”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

After hearing some concerning reviews for the service we braced ourselves for a wait for our food!
We had the all you can option and was pleasantly surprised when our starters came out! The ribs were amazing and plenty of meat! We are all big eaters so ordered quite a lot of starters and mains and was not disappointed with any of the dishes! Some of the faves were katsu curry, sushi and prawns! The service was good and the staff were very attentive and pleasant :)
One down side was that the wine was a little expensive when u can buy it in shops for a fraction of the price!
Also, I think the toilets could do with abit of sprucing up!
But putting that aside we all had a lovely evening and would definitely return! :)

“Wonderful! I can't see what everyone is complaining about!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've been a customer of this restaurant time and time again and not once have I ever been disappointed by the staff or the food.

The venue is relaxing and brilliantly set up, with very appropriate Japanese music playing softly throughout the room. All the mains come in large portions and many times have I been unable to finish my meal. The deserts are not too large but are still wonderful after a hearty meal and the prices are reasonable for what you get. Plus, the deals you get on certain days, such as getting a free drink with any curry dish on Tuesdays are fantastic if you want to get off slightly cheaper than you usually would.

As for the staff, they are always pleasant and incredibly polite, and will gladly tell you what each dish contains should you not be too familiar with Japanese cuisine. They even offer to help you work out what each person orders cost if you are dining in a large group and would rather pay for your meal individually.

I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!

2 Thank AwkwardBex .
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went there with a few friends last week. Previously I read some negative reviews, so I was a bit worried but surprisingly, the place had a great atmostphere and the themed japanese decor was very attractive. As soon as we walked in, a friendly member of staff greeted and seated us. We asked some questions about the menu, the staff politely explained intricately about the foods. We didn't have to wait very long, considering the amount of customers, it was about 10-15 minutes until a waitress arrived with plates of hot food, the portions were quite large and the prices were reasonable. All my friends were very full, it was enjoyable and satisfying!!!

3 Thank mscwong128
Barthomley, United Kingdom
“Food is good, service lets it down”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After reading other reviews, this one will come as no surprise.
Food was pretty good considering it's location, however the service was very slow. As a group (and forwarding our orders the day before) we waited over 50 minutes for our starters and then approximately another 30 minutes between courses.
I had the assorted sushi and then the chicken tariakyi. Both pretty good although the teriakyi was a little too salty for my personal taste.

So if you have never had japanese before, it is worth the experience, just dont be in a rush.